HDR Flags not working- [split] Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2024-01-05, 16:46)Swindiff Wrote: Where do I download the latest version

i would guess if there were any recent fixes they would be in the latest nightly, did you try one? https://www.tinymediamanager.org/download/nightly-build
i haven't really been following along with this thread but i wanted to leave a note that there is an active PR for the jellyfin for kodi addon so that it will import the hdrtype from the server https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-kodi/pull/804

expectation is that if the metadata is being imported by the addon, then the kodi database will have it stored and the skins and information displays will be able to display the correct icons/labels
(2024-01-05, 15:31)Swindiff Wrote: Given that none of my NFO files have the HDR nodes included as they are written using TMM V4.3.14 which does not seem to off this functionality, shouldn't Kodi then read the HDR info from the files directly and show the HDR flags for my HDR content?

I have Extract Video Information from files enabled in Kodi.

No.  If your nfo files contain any streamdetails, so any info between the <streamdetails></streamdetails> tags then none of the info is read from the video file, even if the streamdetails are incomplete.

If you delete all of the streamdetails from your nfo then the video file will be read to obtain them.

Hope that's clear.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2024-01-05, 21:09)black_eagle Wrote:
(2024-01-05, 15:31)Swindiff Wrote: Given that none of my NFO files have the HDR nodes included as they are written using TMM V4.3.14 which does not seem to off this functionality, shouldn't Kodi then read the HDR info from the files directly and show the HDR flags for my HDR content?

I have Extract Video Information from files enabled in Kodi.

No.  If your nfo files contain any streamdetails, so any info between the <streamdetails></streamdetails> tags then none of the info is read from the video file, even if the streamdetails are incomplete.

If you delete all of the streamdetails from your nfo then the video file will be read to obtain them.

Hope that's clear.
Ah, that makes sense.  Many thanks
Wouldn't it be better to compare/update the nfo from file info when a file is updated or playing? Some Scenario:

I have a file + nfo with:

Code:
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>hevc</codec>
                <aspect>1.777780</aspect>
                <width>1920</width>
                <height>1080</height>
                <durationinseconds>7440</durationinseconds>
                <stereomode></stereomode>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <codec>ac3</codec>
                <language>deu</language>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </audio>
        </streamdetails>

Now I replace the file with an updated file (same name, because its the same movie) containing 4K, Dolby Vision, DTS Master 6 Channels. In this case the nfo is obsolete but still used as long the streamdetails section is present as you wrote above. Or I'm wrong?
Then you should either update or delete the NFO and refresh the video info.
I don't agree with that. What does John Doe do, who is barely able to copy a movie into his media storage? You tell him to delete files he doesn't know the meaning of? He relies on the fact that after replacing the files, the information is read from them again. In addition, the option "Extract video info from files" is a hidden option (Advanced/Expert), is also activated by default and suggest this.

Sorry but this is going the wrong way as the same manner like file naming as "mymovie.4k.uhd.hevc.dts.mkv" who's possibly pimped up a quarter DV video with 360x240 mono to a faked super duper movie.
(2024-01-06, 17:28)_BJ1 Wrote: I don't agree with that. What does John Doe do, who is barely able to copy a movie into his media storage?
In his case he won't even be using NFO's so there's no issue.
(2024-01-05, 15:36)Swindiff Wrote:
(2023-12-29, 19:18)bobrap Wrote: @Swindiff Yes it works for me.  I go to Kodi media/video settings and turn off extract video info from files.
Do you have TMM set to create NFO files for Jellyfin or Kodi, I have mine set to Kodi, but I don't know if this is right.  Should I be using Jellyfin NFO?
Cheers

I use Kodi.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hi

Just a quick update on this. Tiny Media Manager does now write the hdrtype tag to the nfo files and my HDR flags are showing correctly, so many thanks for all your help with this.

I notice that HDR10 and HDR10+ both get written to the nfo file as HDR10.  Are there any plans to add a tag and flag specifically for HDR10+.  I did try manually changing the tag to HDR10+ but this made no difference.

Cheers
(2024-04-10, 12:34)Swindiff Wrote: I notice that HDR10 and HDR10+ both get written to the nfo file as HDR10.  Are there any plans to add a tag and flag specifically for HDR10+.  I did try manually changing the tag to HDR10+ but this made no difference.
You're better off asking in the TinyMediaManager forum.
Flags for HDR10+ are not supported yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR Flags not working- [split] Aeon Nox: SiLVO0