HDR Flags not working- [split] Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2023-12-28, 22:46)bobrap Wrote: Don't know if this the same thing you're talking about, but, I asked for TMM to write hdr type to the nfo and now it does in V5 beta.  Not sure about V4.

Cheers, does it work for you?  Interestingly I added the node for hdrtype as Karellens guidance manually just to see if I could get it to work, but no it still shows as SDR
@Swindiff Yes it works for me.  I go to Kodi media/video settings and turn off extract video info from files.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2023-12-29, 17:53)Swindiff Wrote: Cheers, does it work for you?  Interestingly I added the node for hdrtype as Karellens guidance manually just to see if I could get it to work, but no it still shows as SDR
Hmmm, I just tested this to check why you are having problems.
I am also having the same issue as you. I've not noticed before as I don't think I have any HDR content in my library.
After a little bit more playing around with it I think there might be a problem with reading the tag from the nfo file.
I'll speak to the developer who implemented the HDR tag.

For those that have the HDR tag working correctly, did you use the tag in the nfo file to accomplish that? What method did you use?
As a workaround, if you are comfortable with SQL, you can directly edit the database. But only do this if you are comfortable... and make a backup of your database!!
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-12-29, 20:05)Karellen Wrote: For those that have the HDR tag working correctly, did you use the tag in the nfo file to accomplish that? What method did you use?

It appears for me when I scrape the item. I rescraped all my HDR items when this was added to Nexus awhile back. I do not use NFO files tho.
(2023-12-29, 20:07)mikeSiLVO Wrote: It appears for me when I scrape the item. I rescraped all my HDR items when this was added to Nexus awhile back. I do not use NFO files tho.
I haven't tried scraping as I don't have any HDR content (yea I know, still old school with blurays)
But definitely there seems to be a problem reading the tag from the nfo file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
note: jellyfin for kodi doesn't insert the hdrtype into the streamdetails (jellyfin for kodi interacts directly with the kodi database from it's own code and kodi processes are not in use)
(2023-12-29, 20:05)Karellen Wrote: For those that have the HDR tag working correctly, did you use the tag in the nfo file to accomplish that? What method did you use?
I have my Kodi/LibreElec set to "extract video information from files" in Media settings.
I do use TMM (old version), and I don't see that it has saved any HDR style tags in the nfo's, except screen size and aspect ratio.

One movie I have that is only has a simple file name like movie.2005.HDR.mkv, it will show a Dolby Vision logo on the Information/Pause screen. But, it will show the HDR10 logo along the bottom when scrolling through movies (Logo view).
It does not show the 4K logo anymore though. Here is it's media info:
  Format                      : HEVC
  Format/Info               : High Efficiency Video Coding
  Format profile            : Main [email protected]
  HDR format               : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

Other HDR movies will not show the HDR flag
Other shows I have tagged as movie.4K.UHD.mkv (these are not HDR) it will not show the 4K logos anymore. 
I have 1 8K movie, and it will not show the 8K logo for that either.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)

<hdrtype>dolbyvision</hdrtype>
<hdrtype>hdr10</hdrtype>

Generated by tMM

I have been seeing a lot of fuzz about the resolution flags with this skin. I have my instance working flawlessly, with all flags displayed perfectly. All with local information generated by tMM and media named according to Kodi convention.

If I can be of futher assistance, just drop a line.
What platform are you using?
I tested with Windows using v20.2 and v21 beta and the tag was ignored.

Also, getting a bit off topic here, so in a little while I will split these posts out and move them up to OS independent / Other as it is not skin related.
My Signature
(2023-12-29, 21:46)Karellen Wrote: What platform are you using?

Windows 11 x264
Kodi v21 (Omega), Nightly (but it also worked flawlessly with Kodi Nexus when I was using it)
MikeSiLVO GIT, latest (Master branch).

Regards,

Oscar
(2023-12-29, 17:53)Swindiff Wrote: Interestingly I added the node for hdrtype as Karellens guidance manually just to see if I could get it to work, but no it still shows as SDR
You helped discover a bug.
The issue is described here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20247#...1873076130

@black_eagle has created a fix for v21. It's not merged yet and still needs a bit of testing, but will be fixed soon...
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24386
My Signature
PR is now merged Smile

Note that with "Extract  video info from files" enabled, (which is the default), if your nfo file contains streamdetails then they will be used in preference to probing the video file.  If it doesn't contain streamdetails the file will be checked.
If you need to update the details for a video (say that you have some hdr10 movies but they don't yet show as such because that's not in your nfo file) then refreshing the video from the information dialog will load the details from the file not the nfo.  You can then export the new details.

If the setting is off, you will only get flags for those files that have corresponding nfo's containing the correct details and have been scanned into your library.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Many thanks Karellen, glad it was not just me doing something stupid lol

Edit

Given that none of my NFO files have the HDR nodes included as they are written using TMM V4.3.14 which does not seem to off this functionality, shouldn't Kodi then read the HDR info from the files directly and show the HDR flags for my HDR content?

I have Extract Video Information from files enabled in Kodi.

Cheers
(2023-12-29, 19:18)bobrap Wrote: @Swindiff Yes it works for me.  I go to Kodi media/video settings and turn off extract video info from files.
Do you have TMM set to create NFO files for Jellyfin or Kodi, I have mine set to Kodi, but I don't know if this is right.  Should I be using Jellyfin NFO?
Cheers
I have just updated to TMM V5 so it does now write the hdrtype node to the NFO file.
Where do I download the latest version of Kodi with the bug fix?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR Flags not working- [split] Aeon Nox: SiLVO0