Playback 25fps at 23.976fps?
So in some cases there are North American TV series that never got a DVD release in North America but did in Europe, however for Europe they simply took 24fps content and sped it up to 25fps without even pitch correcting the audio.  Just now I started watching Eerie, Indiana, a show that fits this exact scenario and found myself going 'Oh yeah, they didn't even pitch correct the audio when they did this.'.  I understand that Kodi can playback slower and faster but this would require a specific 4.096% decrease in speed, if Kodi didn't correct the pitch, that would effectively restore the pitch to original as well. I also obviously don't want this to happen with all 25fps shows, I have a range of content that is just native PAL and such.

So is there a way to 'trigger' an extremely specific slow down of the video to convert 25fps to 23.976 on demand, something I could bind to a keyboard shortcut even?
I'm not sure, but I think you could adjust the playback speed with an MKV container.
(2024-01-14, 07:57)sarbes Wrote: I'm not sure, but I think you could adjust the playback speed with an MKV container.

I tested this early on and it totally works on the video side of things without transcoding.  On the audio front, not so much, you get a conflict between the playback speed and the sample rate, and behavior is inconsistent in media players, including trying to play slower, but not, so it just inserts silent gaps to make up the time, making for choppy audio.

Looking for a non destructive option first, though obviously destructive options exist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback 25fps at 23.976fps?0