Release 20.3 - It's say it's been released but it's not avaialable on current ppa.....
....... the question it's in the title...... it's a my problems ?
I have look at here:
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

On flatpack apparently it's already released.... it's the ppa no more in developing ? If yes how i can traslate the actual settings on this newest release?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
the team kodi ppa is not being maintained currently, hasn't been since june and won't be for the foreseeable future
(2024-01-12, 23:07)izprtxqkft Wrote: the team kodi ppa is not being maintained currently, hasn't been since june and won't be for the foreseeable future

Therefore ? Is there any official news? What do I need to do to go back to windows?

I don't see the point in updating from June to today.

So at today a stable version as releases........ reports it as already available but then it doesn't actually exist? It seems strange.........
(2024-01-13, 00:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: Therefore ?

i wouldn't know
(2024-01-13, 00:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: Is there any official news?

pretty sure there was no media alert, just here on the forum
(2024-01-13, 00:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: What do I need to do to go back to windows?

i wouldn't know what's best for you, because i'm not you
but i've been recommending linux users use packages from their official OS
(2024-01-13, 00:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: I don't see the point in updating from June to today.

ok
(2024-01-13, 00:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: So at today a stable version as releases........ reports it as already available but then it doesn't actually exist?

you'll need someone on the team to give you an official answer, i'm just informing you of the situation
(2024-01-13, 01:08)izprtxqkft Wrote: you'll need someone on the team to give you an official answer, i'm just informing you of the situation

exactly. This was exactly the reason for the thread. But wait a moment...... in my case i need to ask in a different place ? I know every linux distro can be different between other...... in my case Ubuntu i have to ask in official ubuntu forum if exist an ETA ?

you said that there have been no updates since June, i.e. after the release of version 20.2 I think. I don't usually follow unstable releases and nightly builds but i remeber when 20.2 as been released about one or two days ago it's be updated on all place.

now we are 3 days late which is fine. but if it isn't released I'll try to look elsewhere. However, the ppa that I posted is the official one and the same one suggested in the official guides.
Enough of the insults, next one will a 24hr timeout.
(2024-01-13, 00:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: So at today a stable version as releases........ reports it as already available but then it doesn't actually exist? It seems strange.........
It does exist just not in the not in the Official PPA since as already has been said the sole maintainer stepped down and we've not been able to find a replacement, so the Official PPA is no longer getting ANY updates.

If you want something maintained by a Team member then it's going to have to be either the Flatpak package or the Debian package.
(2024-01-13, 16:36)jjd-uk Wrote: It does exist just not in the not in the Official PPA since as already has been said the sole maintainer stepped down and we've not been able to find a replacement, so the Official PPA is no longer getting ANY updates.

If you want something maintained by a Team member then it's going to have to be either the Flatpak package or the Debian package.

So sorry but "THIS" it's an answer usefull to discussion... until now information was posted without any source and then apparently treated with stupidity and superficiality.

"It's no longer getting ANY updates." Is it to be considered until now or is it permanently abandoned? basically my question was this and in response from the other guy only useless flame.

I. Probably wrong. I consider the ppa that is suggested in the official guide to be official (i.e here: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...m_Kodi_PPA).
like I'm saying.. maybe I'm wrong but it's okay to ask I suppose. Does responding with superficiality and stupidity it's make sense? I thinks no.

i also know that 20.3 it's a minor fix release. I also know this postscript directly from current "release note":

I thinks we need simply to "Stay Calm" then ignore the useless "flame generator".

I'm waiting on next future.... if i want to try to "switch" to flatpack now i have to know if i can "backup" the current kodi profile (usually on /home/.kodi etc etc) for usage that on this "newest" 20.3 installed trought flatpack. I'll probably try it.

Thanks really Thanks for this usefull reply.....
Yes the Offical PPA is effectively abandoned for now, I can't say whether it will be permanently the case, but given there's been no interest in anyone taking over I can't forsee anything changing in the short term i.e. the next few months.

The wiki entry is likely still there as nobody wanted to go to the bother of removing it if someone were to then step up and take over maintance of the PPA, as we're all volunteers doing this in our free time not everything gets done immediately.
Ubuntu is probably the easiest platform to build on anyway.  So, you could just grab the source from github and build it yourself.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
You can always compile kodi from source...
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
(2024-01-13, 17:35)jjd-uk Wrote: Yes the Offical PPA is effectively abandoned for now, I can't say whether it will be permanently the case, but given there's been no interest in anyone taking over I can't forsee anything changing in the short term i.e. the next few months.

The wiki entry is likely still there as nobody wanted to go to the bother of removing it if someone were to then step up and take over maintance of the PPA, as we're all volunteers doing this in our free time not everything gets done immediately.

I know the situation more or less well.... I don't know the "real" whole story but here's the request.
(2024-01-13, 17:45)black_eagle Wrote: Ubuntu is probably the easiest platform to build on anyway.  So, you could just grab the source from github and build it yourself.
(2024-01-13, 17:45)graysky Wrote: You can always compile kodi from source...

Yeah i know.... I'm not ashamed to say I'm potentially a noob believe me (I simply don't appreciate being taken for a ride (or being denigrated as stupid) as you can see) :
On my ubuntu problably i have all dependecies for compile kodi from source because i'm using the Retropie Setup script and here all components all app and all core as been compiled from source but everything is done there automatically and everything is managed by the same retropie_setup_script.

I can also try it..... i'm stay to read here right now (and it doesn't seem like something that is within everyone's reach honestly):
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...E.Linux.md

Problably before that i can try to "pass" to flatpak release...
(2024-01-13, 17:45)black_eagle Wrote: Ubuntu is probably the easiest platform to build on anyway.  So, you could just grab the source from github and build it yourself.

It's not just Kodi,  once you get into the suite of binary addons it becomes much more complex and keeping all these addons up to date is a challenge.  Full credit to the thankless job that the distro mainteners have been doing all along.  The only get noticed when they leave.

Martin
Sad 
Bad news...
I had same question, why I don't see any Kodi update in my Ubuntu.
I don't want and I will never install Flatpak, so I will stay in Kodi 20.2 for long time...
Another option is to switch distros to one that does offer up-to-date kodi packages.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
20.3 - It's say it's been released but it's not avaialable on current ppa.....0