Release 20.3 - It's say it's been released but it's not avaialable on current ppa.....
(2024-02-04, 09:32)gujal Wrote:  
Code:
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 kodi : Depends: libnfs8 but it is not installable or
                 libnfs4 but it is not installable or
                 libnfs1 but it is not installable
        Recommends: libva-intel-vaapi-driver but it is not installable
        Recommends: libva1 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Please advise, Thanks
Looks like the cpack config needs an update Sad
(2024-02-04, 15:38)41nick Wrote: # Build addons
make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=${PREFIX}
make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons clean

# Install
cd ${WD}/kodi-build
make install[/inline]

It all seems to compile and install ok. I can run Kodi fine, but I cant see the PVR addon. Advice greatfully recieved!
don't run make clean  on the addonsWink
(2024-02-04, 21:31)wsnipex Wrote:
(2024-02-04, 15:38)41nick Wrote: # Build addons
make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=${PREFIX}
make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons clean

# Install
cd ${WD}/kodi-build
make install[/inline]

It all seems to compile and install ok. I can run Kodi fine, but I cant see the PVR addon. Advice greatfully recieved!
don't run make clean  on the addonsWink
Made the change -- thank you! When I compile nad the run kodi.bin from the build directory it works fine (pvr addin available), but if I run kodi from /usr/local/bin the pvr addon isnt there
(2024-02-04, 21:26)wsnipex Wrote: Looks like the cpack config needs an update Sad

Thanks for the pointer, i was able to edit xbmc/cmake/cpack/deb/packages/kodi.txt.in file line 18 and had to add libnfs13 | to the existing libnfs8 | libnfs4 | libnfs 1 and then followed the procedure and the packages got built and now I have a nice 21 nightly running on my laptop.

Next challenge building inputstream-adaptive package, will delve on that now Smile

Thanks a lot for your patience and time.
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
So 20.3 made it into Debian unstable yesterday. Now we just have to wait for Noble (24.04) to grab it...
(2024-02-05, 04:09)gujal Wrote:
(2024-02-04, 21:26)wsnipex Wrote: Looks like the cpack config needs an update Sad

Thanks for the pointer, i was able to edit xbmc/cmake/cpack/deb/packages/kodi.txt.in file line 18 and had to add libnfs13 | to the existing libnfs8 | libnfs4 | libnfs 1 and then followed the procedure and the packages got built and now I have a nice 21 nightly running on my laptop.

Next challenge building inputstream-adaptive package, will delve on that now Smile

Thanks a lot for your patience and time.
mind opening a PR with the needed changes?
(2024-02-06, 12:45)wsnipex Wrote: mind opening a PR with the needed changes?

Yes I certainly can and will raise a PR.

I was able to build the inpustream-adaptive, inpustream-ffmpegdirect, inpustream-rtmp as zips and install. Was wondering if there is any trick to build these too as deb files the way it is in PPA, if you have any pointers towards that would be great too. Once again, Thanks for your help
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2024-02-07, 02:22)gujal Wrote:
(2024-02-06, 12:45)wsnipex Wrote: mind opening a PR with the needed changes?

Yes I certainly can and will raise a PR.

I was able to build the inpustream-adaptive, inpustream-ffmpegdirect, inpustream-rtmp as zips and install. Was wondering if there is any trick to build these too as deb files the way it is in PPA, if you have any pointers towards that would be great too. Once again, Thanks for your help
thanks for the PR Smile

as for addons: you just need the kodi dev headers (package kodi-addon-dev) installed. Then just build each addon like every other cmake project. Debian packaging files are contained in the addon src, just need adjusting for the current version
So I just did a "do-release-upgrade -d" from Ubuntu 22.04 jammy to 24.04 noble and replaced the PPA packages with the Ubuntu repo ones. Working flawless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
20.3 - It's say it's been released but it's not avaialable on current ppa.....0