TMDB Posters Missing
I'm going through my Movies and changing some posters to something better and realized two things... It use to scrape the primary TMDB poster used for the movie but this just seemed random. Also a lot of posters are missing when I click to change the artwork. I've uploaded hundreds of posters to TMDB and they are still there under English posters, but not in the list to choose from on Kodi.

Using default movie scraper, TMDB for movies Python... Is there a setting? Some posters uploaded were customized to indicate if Directors Cut, Theatrical Cut, etc... Which is needed when you have multiple copies of the same movie (ie Army of Darkness, Blade Runner).
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
Was going through the posters last night and a lot are low quality and some don't even have words, just artwork. It's like it scraped from the wrong list or something. I confirmed that the artwork I want is on the TMDB, just not my Kodi.

Also, since likely I need a rescrape, how do I download just posters, not fanart, banner, clearart and clear logo. I just want posters and actor images. Thought I had the other stuff unchecked but it's all there.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
(2024-01-13, 03:40)THRobinson Wrote: I've uploaded hundreds of posters to TMDB and they are still there under English posters, but not in the list to choose from on Kodi.
Make sure the setting "Enable posters from TMDB" is enabled in the scraper settings. Enable on the Source, not in Add-ons.

(2024-01-13, 21:01)THRobinson Wrote: Also, since likely I need a rescrape, how do I download just posters, not fanart, banner, clearart and clear logo. I just want posters and actor images. Thought I had the other stuff unchecked but it's all there.
Check your artwork settings... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork
Use Artwork Dump if you want to download scraped images to your local folders.

As to why your artwork is a mess, no idea without a log that captures that scraping.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have enable posters from TMDB enabled, fanart disabled in both addon and source.

Artwork level max, actor thumbs and extract thumbs from video is on.

TV seems to have scraped ok. But movies like Blade Runner, TMDB shows 115 English posters, I have 13.

Also,i see fanart to be disabled, does fanart include banner, clearart, clearlogo?

I'll rescrape and see... If fails again I'll look how to make a log file, been many years since had to make a log file, can't remember how.
(2024-01-13, 21:32)THRobinson Wrote: But movies like Blade Runner, TMDB shows 115 English posters, I have 13.
I am surprised you have 13. It is capped at 10.

(2024-01-13, 21:32)THRobinson Wrote: Also,i see fanart to be disabled, does fanart include banner, clearart, clearlogo?
It shouldn't, but never analysed it to that depth.
Why so picky on which artwork types you want?

Yep, rescrape and tell us what happens.
Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Why so picky? Just added crap I don't want and won't use. Rather more posters.

I changed the content to none, which asked if wanted to remove from library and I said yes... Took a few minutes, then rebooted, set to movies and made sure everything was checked or unchecked that I wanted and scraped.

Army of Darkness, for example, had the art I wanted but still says 13 items (I guess 10 posters, the active poster and the other two items in the list) but Blade Runner, still doesn't show what I wanted.

I enabled debugging and I think I did it correctly? Rebooted, and rescraped Blade Runner only.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ebaxuxeguh

Anyways, it's limited to 10? Can I bypass that? Is there a reason it's now limited to 10? Like performance issues or something?
(2024-01-13, 23:04)THRobinson Wrote: Why so picky? Just added crap I don't want and won't use. Rather more posters.
Ok, you need to change that Maximum setting mentioned above to only list the artwork types you want.

(2024-01-13, 23:04)THRobinson Wrote: but Blade Runner, still doesn't show what I wanted.
Show me what you want.

(2024-01-13, 23:04)THRobinson Wrote: Anyways, it's limited to 10? Can I bypass that? Is there a reason it's now limited to 10? Like performance issues or something?
It is in the scraper code. Change 10 to whatever you need.
Why?
1. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768
2. Artworks are perishable. Why scrape hundreds of artwork links if in a year or so, a high portion will be dead.

It sounds like you are picky with your library. Great, so am I.
But Kodi is a general library scraper and cannot achieve the fine level of scraping that some users (me) want. That is why...
1. There are media managers
2. Kodi has the ability to read local artwork and nfo files.

2. is the method I use. I download the artwork I want, but let Kodi scrape the metadata on my test build. Then export nfo files, make a couple of changes them move it all over to storage for my main setup to scan.
My Signature
Years ago I remember someone mentioning the same, downloading the art and such... I have two boxes running off a NAS and might be good to have both systems scrape the same artwork off the NAS... But, not sure I wanna do that now with 850 movies and a hundred tv series.

How do I edit scraper code? CoreElec has no O/S GUI like Windows or anything... Not sure how to view or edit anything. Can I do it from within Kodi?
(2024-01-14, 02:46)THRobinson Wrote: Can I do it from within Kodi?
No. You need to edit the scraper code in the addons folder. Be mindful that after each scraper update, it will be reset to 10.
This is the limit code... https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...py#L82-L85
My Signature
Sorry again, I don't know how to do this stuff... I remember when I had Win7 and my media server was running Win7 (XBMC days) I could go on my PC and see files on the XBMC machine... on Win10 now, if I click under network onto HTPC1 (what I named it) it just says no access. I pulled the SD card out and stuck it on my PC but, not seeing any addon folders.

Probably one of those things where I need Linux? or something? Which I know about, I've tried Ubuntu a few times, and never understood the appeal. 

So, no idea how to edit that.

Your method, however, nfo files and local art... is that something I setup now, scraping and downloading etc... then export? So on my movies, each movie will be like 3 files? mkv/jpg/nfo? TV Series the same?

It's a real pain rescraping which I've done numerous times on my older KODI version. TMDB is WAY too picky about alt titles. I added alt titles like Blade 2, instead of Blade II, or Back to the Future 2, instead of II... and they deleted all of them because not accurate. So after adding all those alt titles, now I have to manually scrape a bunch because I rather numbers than numerals. Sheesh.

I'm fine without nfo files since gotta scrape anyways, but the artwork has gotten to be a nuisance.
(2024-01-14, 07:50)THRobinson Wrote: So, no idea how to edit that.
Sorry, can't help with Android or Linux.

(2024-01-14, 07:50)THRobinson Wrote: Your method, however, nfo files and local art... is that something I setup now, scraping and downloading etc
Download artwork first then run the scraper for the metadata.
If you are doing this on your main setup, you should remember to run an export regularly. Don't export artwork or else your original artwork will be overwritten with an inferior version.
If you are doing this on a test machine, then yes export the nfo file (not artwork) then move across to your main setup and scan.

(2024-01-14, 07:50)THRobinson Wrote: ? So on my movies, each movie will be like 3 files? mkv/jpg/nfo? TV Series the same?
Well, if you want to limit your artwork, then yes. But if you want the full range of artwork, see image... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

(2024-01-14, 07:50)THRobinson Wrote: m fine without nfo files since gotta scrape anyways, but the artwork has gotten to be a nuisance.
Yep, but only needs to be done once, then it's there for good. (or until the HDD fails)

As for alternate names, there is a new feature added in v21 that allows you to put the ID in the foldername... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23840
That should fix that problem.
My Signature
Hmm, may have to change things a bit...

For, over 5yrs I guess... I basically have the file on my PC, I rename it and if needed VidCoder (handbrake) to shrink it, MKVMerge to add the subs. I have my NAS setup as 2 drive, Movies/Television...

Movies I just dump to movies, no folders, images or anything just video files. Naming is like 13th Warrior (1999) easy and simple.

Television, I have the Folder (ie. Firefly (2002) then inside that I have a sub folder, Season 1 (BR)... BR indicated Bluray, TV from TV, DVD, WEB etc... as well as usually a txt file named after the source, and a vicoder file showing all the settings I used when shrinking. That way I can load the settings for every season and keep it all the same. The season folders have a sub folder called Subs for each, where the srt files go. I use FileBot and scrape the filenames with that.

Been a good setup for years. Maybe every 2yrs for whatever reason I wipe it all out, reinstall/rescrape. But again, my Beelink's been off support years so, been using a Kodi version at least 2yrs old, maybe 3yrs.

It died, and I have a new S905X4 box now. I only use it for Kodi, not games or Android, so hopefully it'll work fine.

That said... Most of the DB scraped fine for movies, but some scraped some really bad options. I always thought the default poster scraped was the primary poster on TMDB... that I could be ok with... but ya, in some cases of the 10 images downloaded, none are good.
(2024-01-14, 09:14)THRobinson Wrote: poster scraped was the primary poster on TMDB
Weirdly, most entries don't have a Primary Poster at TMDB. It's jus top voted, but that is "BS" because a lot of the images are self voted and there are some crappy ones in top position.
A primary poster has to be set by a Mod. Otherwise they are just posters.

See here...
https://www.themoviedb.org/bible/image/5...6e71000061
https://www.themoviedb.org/bible/general...3e9300000d
My Signature
I remember chatting with them, and TVDB, saying uploads should have an aspect ratio filter because not only is some artwork bad, but some is also just the wrong proportions which also drives me nuts. That's why I have over 2000 edits on TMDB, and most is artwork correction. I went to school for design and again for photography so, a bit nit-picky about artwork. Big Grin

Oof, that sucks... haven't logged into TVDB in a few years since I switched over. New system doesn't show all the artwork I uploaded anymore. It's there but, no credit. Sad

But, also why I want specific artwork on my KODI, because it's stuff I uploaded to the sites. I should have kept local copies.
So... Got everything sorted more or less. Formatted my SD Card and started over with all the stuff setup correctly and rescraped.

Looks good (enough)... So just export as separate files to a folder? Ex. I have a share folder on my PC so, can create a backup subfolder and export as single files to that? To get all the nfo and art files?

Trying to find YouTube videos for it, but all seem very old.

But if that's how it's done, I understand the need of a test system. Put the files there, scrape, then copy over I guess? Does that work for individual TV episodes?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB Posters Missing0