Subtitles -PVR
I am grateful in the latest release for the effort to correct the subtitle problem but disappointed that it hasn't actually changed much

What has changed is that if I turn the Subtitles on for a TV channel or recording and Set for All Media, then stop and restart the same channel or recording,  the subtitles resume. So that is progress

But what hasn't changed (as far as I can see) is that if I change the TV channel or start watching a new recording, then the subtitles are turned off.  So each time I still have to go into settings, scroll along to subtitles, turn them on and then turn on for all media.   Going back to a previous channel that had subtitles turned on I still find that they are now turned off.  That is in spite of the For All Media setting

And if I am watching Film 4, that usually defaults to the NAR soundtrack so I have to change that each time as well

I am grateful for all the work that Kodi coders do and I live in hope that one day everything will be wonderful
Settings -player -language- preferd subtitle language ( match this with your pvr/sub language) Works for me with swedish and Tvheadend
Thank you.  My setting was Original Language which for British TV is always English.  So I changed it to English (as you suggested) and Hey Presto! It works... Who knew

Thanks again
Same for me with swedish , this must be a bug right?
I also appeared to have overcome the issue with some channels defaulting to the NAR soundtrack by changing the playback language from media default to English
Didn't notice this thread before. Usually one of the first things I do on a new install is change this setting from 'media default' to what I need for the very same reason. Glad it works for you now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles -PVR0