Can't add (more) movies
Can't add (more) sources under settings / media / manage sources ...

PC crashed so I started afresh ... and added the latest version of Kodi
I added a movie source (K drive folder) and updated Kodi
I added a TV Show source (M drive folder) and updated Kodi
I added a music video source (M drive folder) and updated Kodi
Now I can no longer add further movie, music video or tv show sources?

https://paste.kodi.tv/ratarijege.kodi
Ensure setting 2.2 is enabled... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/General
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I can still add music sources ... but yes I checked it is enabled.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wGgr2hQ...sp=sharing
Weird. I have no idea why that would happen.

Go to your userdata folder... C:\Users\georg\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

Exit Kodi
Open guisettings.xml
Check whether this setting is set to true... <setting id="filelists.showaddsourcebuttons" default="true">true</setting>

Worst case, open your sources.xml file, and manually add your new Source folder.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
setting id is indeed set to "true"
i can add the sources to sources.xml and they show up in videos as media sources ... but that doesn't give me any way to scrape the sources against tmdb.
(2024-01-19, 21:26)Longtime Collector Wrote: but that doesn't give me any way to scrape the sources against tmdb
Then you have to use the Context Menu, select "Set Content" then continue setting up the Source as normal.

The missing Source button is very weird. Hopefully some bright idea will hit me during the day and I can come back and advise something better for the fix, instead of this workaround.
My Signature
Not sure how to use the context menu on so many files ... but I have the idea to just delete MyVideos121.db and starting over ... but I don't want to do that if there's a learning opportunity here. I have much else to do and can wait for a day if you'd like to continue thinking about this.

Thx for all your help so far.

LTC
(2024-01-19, 21:37)Longtime Collector Wrote: Not sure how to use the context menu on so many files
Not on the files. Do it on the Source you just added... https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers...eo_Scraper

Deleting the database won't fix it as it's downstream of the problem.
My Signature
This may be a further indication of the underlying issue.  My "Videos" categories are weird ... I don't have files as an option.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wI4Yqxn...sp=sharing
btw my memory ain't what it used to be so I was very careful about documenting the steps I took to re-install Kodi ... maybe you'll see something here:

240118 I restored my hard drive yesterday and discovered I did not have any backups of Kodi (database or userdata). So I installed the latest version (kodi-20.3-Nexus-x64) and started from scratch.
* installed lyrics, slideshow addons
* pointed these addons to their correct local information folder (on the m: drive)
    -    careful when pointing the artist images versus the artist information
* pointed artist information folder for music to M:\Music\zz_ArtistArtwork
* pointed pictures to M:\Photos
* deleted old contents of thumbnails folder on z: drive
* copied the advancedsettings.xml file from \\mediaserver\pi\M\Kodi\KodiConfiguration Windows10
    -    this points new thumbnails to the z: drive
* copied the playlists from \\mediaserver\pi\M\Kodi\Playlists
* updated music for #-d, e-h, i-L and m-p (only for songs containing MusicBrainz Artist ID's)
    -    checked the database for MusicBrainz IDs (are they there?)
    -    checked the database for missing thumbs and fanart
* loaded K drive movies
    -    changed click action to display information
    -    played 1 movie trailer to get the prompt to load youtube
        **    crashed Kodi, but installed okay
    -    up-arrow on an actor thumb to load embuary actor info
* loaded TV Shows (m: drive only)
* loaded the MusicVideos
* copied the library (aka nodes) from \\mediaserver\pi\M\Music\zz_Library
Have you edited your nodes?
My Signature
Oops, didn't refresh my screen before posting.
Your last post, the final step is "copied nodes".

That is where the problem lies. I think you overwrote the default nodes.

Explain this step. How and where did you copy to?
My Signature
They were backup copies of C:\Users\usr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library.  Pretty old, but seemed to load and function okay. Where asked to overwrite I said okay.
So I x'd out the video nodes (C:\Users\usr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\xvideo) and that fixed it. Thanks. I never would have guessed. Any insights on this that you could share for future readers?

LTC
(2024-01-20, 00:38)Longtime Collector Wrote: Any insights on this that you could share for future readers?
Yep,

The default nodes are located in (on your setup) C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\library
Like anything in the "programs installation folder" nothing here should ever be touched or modified.

When you want to start modifying nodes and adding your own, then the contents of the above folder are copied to C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\
Once copied, you can add your own nodes. But you should not delete the existing default nodes as these are used throughout Kodi, as you have discovered.

Then, if you really muck things up, you just delete that \userdata\library\ folder and Kodi will fall back to the original folder and nodes in the programs folder. You can then start again by copying the default node folder and re-adding your own nodes, fixing the broken one.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add (more) movies0