Can’t get Kodi to install/open
Hi I’m having issues with getting KODI installed/opened. I’ve uninstalled and restarted plus did a reinstall of windows(but kept my files so may be a setting or something issue). Used to use by PC for KODI all the time. No issues pretty much up until 19.1. Eventually I decided ti upgrade to 20 after it was stable for a while. When I did the update to 20 it installs fine but when I click run Kodi it just looks like it will load then nothing. I click KODI in start menu and same thing. If I uninstall and install a 19.x version when I go to open it says Kodi stopped working and that’s as far as it gets. I’m at a loss now for what to do to solve it. I can’t even reach the Kodi menu as it won’t even launch at all. Hoping you wonderful and knowledgeable people can help me out
@TrueNorthCC

Welcome and let's try the following first.
  • Delete Kodi from your pc.
  • Go to your programs folder and ensure it has been deleted. Check in \Program Files\ and in \Program Files (x86)\
  • Go to your Roaming folder which is normally... C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
  • If there is a Kodi folder there, rename it to \Kodi-Old\. This is where all your existing settings and libraries are saved, so lets not delete it for now.
  • Now install Kodi v20.3
  • Does it run?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I’ve done that so many times I’ve lost count lol. Even resorted to reinstalling windows today and still didn’t fix it. Tried every stable 19 and 20 release.
Oh wait. Did it again and in first try got Kodi stopped working. Tried opening it from start menu and finally see the 20 startup screen but it doesn’t say starting first setup and is just hanging. Will be the house curser unless I go over the K, over the KODI logo or outside of the circle then I get the loading symbol
Turns out that screen also locked my computer up. Nothing worked except a hard shutdown
Ok, if you are sure that Roaming \Kodi folder was not there, and the Kodi program folder was correctly deleted, then we will move onto the next step.

It will most likely be a video or audio driver problem.
Can you provide a Debug Log that captures the crashing. Follow these steps... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can’t get Kodi to install/open0