Linux If you experience random freezeups after Kodi has been running for a while...
If you experience random freezeups after Kodi has been running for a while, there are a couple things you can try, one is upgrading your Linux distro to a 2024 version, but another is described in this article that I found through a link on Mastodon yesterday.  I tried it and for the first time in a long time had NO Kodi freezeups last night!

Do you experience unexplained crashes or freeze-ups on your Ubuntu (or other) Linux based home theater PC or gaming system? Here is a possible fix!

Note that I think this will help only if you experience random freezes AFTER Kodi has been running a while.  I don't think it will help if Kodi crashes or freezes the second you attempt to start it up, though it's easy enough to try this fix to make certain.  Note that it may not be compatible with all Linux distros, but from the links in the article I am guessing it will work with Ubuntu/Debian based systems and maybe Arch based systems as well.  I also think that it is not needed in the 2024 version of many Linux distros (such as Ubuntu 24.04) because the fix is already been included in those versions (but you can check to make sure using the test in the article).  BUT if you do not do a complete disk wipe and reinstall, I'd definitely check because an in-place distro upgrade might not apply the fix.

If this really has fixed my Kodi freezeup issue I will be SO happy! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If you experience random freezeups after Kodi has been running for a while...0