Solved Question Regarding EPG
Hi, Sorry for another Question.

Almost all programs in my TV Guide relating to YouTube shows are labeled as "Next Page". Anything that jumps out at you there?

Also, just another strange thing, In the guide, 2 random Channels I have are an MTV channel, pulled from a youtube channel which will populate with maybe 30 or 40 songs.
However, another Channel with Old Movie Trailers will only pull about 10 trailers off the top and loop them around. There is about 500 trailers on the channel. Why one channel get 30 or 40 then another only 10? Seems very strange.

I tried for many months to use STRMs as you suggested, but could never work it out. Maybe if Kodi would let us add a YouTube Channel to a smart playlist, It could be loaded into PTVL that way and the playlist could be randomized or something like that.

Thanks Again
Oz
(2024-05-09, 04:16)OzDrDj Wrote: Hi, Sorry for another Question.

Almost all programs in my TV Guide relating to YouTube shows are labeled as "Next Page". Anything that jumps out at you there?

Also, just another strange thing, In the guide, 2 random Channels I have are an MTV channel, pulled from a youtube channel which will populate with maybe 30 or 40 songs.
However, another Channel with Old Movie Trailers will only pull about 10 trailers off the top and loop them around. There is about 500 trailers on the channel. Why one channel get 30 or 40 then another only 10? Seems very strange.

I tried for many months to use STRMs as you suggested, but could never work it out. Maybe if Kodi would let us add a YouTube Channel to a smart playlist, It could be loaded into PTVL that way and the playlist could be randomized or something like that.

Thanks Again
Oz

PseudoTV parses the plugins meta, if the meta is incomplete PTVL will assume the directory label is the same as the contents title. There is nothing I can do, please contact your plugin developer and request they pay special attention to filling in as much listitem values as possible.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz, I contacted the Dee of the YouTube Addon, who says this.

However the first few will come up with the correct details then everything shows up with the title "Next Page"
I conveyed this to Lunatixz the Dev from PTVL who tells me the problem probably lies with the YouTube Addon.

Unlikely. This plugin does not do anything special for specific channels. They are all listed and displayed the same.
If it works for some, there is nothing different in how any channel listing is created for it not to work for others.
PTVL will assume the directory label is the same as the contents title
This means nothing to me. Directories don't have a label. They can have a category though, and this plugin sets the category for channels as the name of the channel.
Listitems that open a directory do have a label, but the only listitem that has a label or name that is "Next Page" is the actual Next Page item and I am not going to change how that is labelled just because another plugin is using it as the name of the entire channel content, that makes no sense.
Actually there is nothing in this plugin that would create anything labelled "Next Page", there will always be a number in brackets as well e.g. "Next Page (2)", so if you are seeing just "Next Page" by itself then it is not coming from this plugin.
As an aside, if you think it is a bug then you should provide a screenshot and log showing the problem. These details are not optional.
request they pay special attention to filling in as much listitem values as possible
However this is not a bug, it is a feature request, and if you want to request something you need to provide sufficient details of what exactly you want i.e. what listitem values you want filled in and with what so it can be evaluated whether this can be done.
(2024-05-11, 03:34)OzDrDj Wrote: @Lunatixz, I contacted the Dee of the YouTube Addon, who says this.

However the first few will come up with the correct details then everything shows up with the title "Next Page"
I conveyed this to Lunatixz the Dev from PTVL who tells me the problem probably lies with the YouTube Addon.

Unlikely. This plugin does not do anything special for specific channels. They are all listed and displayed the same.
If it works for some, there is nothing different in how any channel listing is created for it not to work for others.
PTVL will assume the directory label is the same as the contents title
This means nothing to me. Directories don't have a label. They can have a category though, and this plugin sets the category for channels as the name of the channel.
Listitems that open a directory do have a label, but the only listitem that has a label or name that is "Next Page" is the actual Next Page item and I am not going to change how that is labelled just because another plugin is using it as the name of the entire channel content, that makes no sense.
Actually there is nothing in this plugin that would create anything labelled "Next Page", there will always be a number in brackets as well e.g. "Next Page (2)", so if you are seeing just "Next Page" by itself then it is not coming from this plugin.
As an aside, if you think it is a bug then you should provide a screenshot and log showing the problem. These details are not optional.
request they pay special attention to filling in as much listitem values as possible
However this is not a bug, it is a feature request, and if you want to request something you need to provide sufficient details of what exactly you want i.e. what listitem values you want filled in and with what so it can be evaluated whether this can be done.

K, Like I mentioned... Not a PseudoTV problem. PseudoTV is a parser .... It does not provide meta or content and solely relies on the meta provided by the plugin or Kodi database.

Which developer did you contact?
Quote:"Directories don't have a label"
this must be in error. All listitems have labels...
Quote:"Actually there is nothing in this plugin that would create anything labelled "Next Page", there will always be a number in brackets as well e.g. "Next Page (2)""
PseudoTV splits labels assuming any "(%I)" in a title is the year.
If you can track down where the "Next Page" labels are used and why the content under them have no listitem meta this would solve your issues: https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Aanxdp...&type=code 

"Next Page" is usually something plugin developers add to paginate content. Without a log or sample channel setup I can only assume PTVL is not getting a lisitem label or title from YouTube content labeled as playable and thus is falling back to the directory name to fill in the blanks. In this case "Next Page".

Here is the code line in question... When no lisitem info is found the directory label is used. https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Liv...er.py#L351
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks for your reply, I guess someone did something, as I haven't seen the Next Page problem for over a week now. So All Good. Thanks for whatever happened.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question Regarding EPG0