Which graphics card is best to run xbmc on xp?
Hi all
this is my 1st post ( sorry if its already been covered! ) i've recently crossed over from my mac mini using plex ( think this media program is excellent! ) it worked very well on mac but as you know your quite ltd on a mac so i've just had a media center pc made in the slim line hiper case! problem is all play back from xbmc for windows is a bit jerky! this system came with vista home premium 32 so i thought it might be that so i've gone back to windows xp pro and the problem is exactly the same! all my films are dvd rips ( video-ts formats with menus etc ) on external hard drives! playing these dvd rips from the hard drives in power dvd 7 play excellent! SO is it the graphics card or is there a setting i can use within the card to solve it? or should i buy a better card recommended for playing xbmc?
my set up is:

Hiper Slimline media centre case (black)
GA-MA78GPM-DS2H Motherboards with integrated HD3200 Graphics and sideport memory
AMD 4850e CPU (2x2.5ghz)
High grade copper slimline heatsink and AM2 adapter for fitting
2Gb OCZ platinum DDR2800mhz
Slimline DVD burner
Samsung 500gb HD
Hauppauge HVR1700 Video capture and digital TV tuner card (PCI riser card included for installation)

i'm connected via hdmi from pc to hdmi home cinema amp! then hdmi from amp to hdmi lcd 46" samsung tv

thanks for any help in advance
dmemphis, uk......
Hi again
sorry forgot playback gets a bit spend up only every now and again and i'm running the new build beta 1 for windows!
cheers.......
Can you post a debug log? You likely need to install proper GFX drivers. Try searching the forums for your GFX chip to see if anyone else has run into the same problem and resolved it.

And welcome to the forums!
althekiller Wrote:Can you post a debug log? You likely need to install proper GFX drivers. Try searching the forums for your GFX chip to see if anyone else has run into the same problem and resolved it.

And welcome to the forums!

Thanks for replay, yeah i've already updated my graphics driver to ati cat 8.8 but prob is still the same! all i wanna do is watch some sd dvds!
debug log needed
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which graphics card is best to run xbmc on xp?0