XVOD decoder support?
I've got a movie file here which when I try to play it, I get the following message:

Quote:Content Blocked
This movie file can only be unlocked with the
XVOD Decoder
Please visit decrypt.torrentsu.com to download

Anybody seen this before? Is it something that I can download and install? I did a quick search and found that people say the DIVX codec will play XVOD movies; but if that's the case, I thought XBMC had DIVX installed by default?

Thanks in advance for any info!
I've never heard of xvod before. Google results are rather shady too, so we'll probably never support it. I'd delete that copy and find a new one.
Those are really odd file formats

The way they work, is the company (XVOD in this case) encrypts the video stream. at the beginning of the file they put that warning in, so that it'll play no matter what video player you use.

If you go to their site and download their player, it's pretty much spyware. It'll cripple your system, and it's just generally no good at all. There are decrypter programs available, but about 9 times out of 10 a file with that kind of encryption on it is not the file you want anyway (I downloaded an episode of The Office that was like that, when i finally got the file decrypted, it was an episode of LOST)

So, trash it and get a new download is what i'd do.
Yeah it is spyware http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xvod+spyware

...it is just a Xvid or DivX encoded in AVI or MP4 that has been encrypted to get to you download their spyware or pay-for software.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I know I am over 2 months late in answering this thread, but I found this site (and this post) just yesterday. A little afterwards, I found the decoder.

It turns out that the xvod decoder is a scam. The actual program is 3wdecoder, owned by wildman productions. You can download it from http://www.wildman-productions.org

If the file does not install (you need to be online when running the installer) then let me know and I will email it to you. And don't worry, I have scanned it with the latest updated AVG 8.0 retail.

Cool

Hope this is useful

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XVOD decoder support?0