Pass/bitstream audio via HDMI
Hi,

I search and have read the faq. But still have a question regarding audio.

As XBMC is using ffmpeg, could it output more than 2 channel of 96/24 LPCM via HDMI?

If so, with which motherboard?

If not, since ffmpeg already support up to 7.1 TrueHD/DTS-Master decoding, what is preventing XBMC to output the decoded 7.1 LPCM via HDMI ?

Thanks.
i dont believe there is any reason why xbmc would not be passing through HDMI audio as it handles spdif just fine.... maybe the HD audio types are not supported yet but AC3/DTS over HDMI should be fine

however the device you are passing through to must process the signal directly to the speakers. most HDMI-capable TVs obviously accept HDMI input, but they cant split the video/audio apart and send the raw audio signal back out via toslink

as far as your other query goes, someone else may be able to help out as i am not sure

EDIT: also in regards to which mobo can do this, i know for a fact that this one has no probs whatsoever with HDMI video

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboa...XT=I-N73HD

as can be seen with this board, most onboard HDMI boards also have onboard spdif over toslink and/or coax, so it may be best to just output the audio direct from the pc (defeats the purpose i know, but hdmi is very primitive in the fact that most (all?) devices cannot split its 2 signals)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pass/bitstream audio via HDMI0