Shuffle/Play Random Videos
I have a lot of tv shows, and even a lot of movies too. Sometimes I have nothing to do, I want to watch TV but can't decide what episode of what show to watch. Can something similar to party mode in music be implemented into the menus of videos? So if Im in the tv show menu and select it, it will just play random episodes across all my tv shows and not stop, or if I am in the office season 4 and select it, it will play random episodes from that season.

The Party Mode button is there in all these places, it just doesnt like to be touched in video library.
You can do this (rather clunkily) by enabling shuffle (depends on your skin where it is - some skins have it in the now playing window, others have it on the popup osd etc.)

Then just PLAY on the folder in question.

Alternatively, QUEUE on the folder in question, switch to now playing, hit shuffle + go.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I would also like a context-based Party Mode like you describe, where it is based on the folder you're currently looking at, be it movies, or TV shows, or a specific show, or even a specific season.

I mean how often does a person browse through their TV Shows, and then suddenly decide 'Ah screw it, instead of a TV Show, what I'd really like to see is all my music videos played in a random order, but there is no way I want to back out and go the music video section of the library, I need that function readily available throughout the video library, no matter how unrelated the media I'm currently viewing is.'

Anyways, as a workaround, I use a smart playlist with the rules All TV shows where watched count is less than 2 and genre is not Drama (most drama shows are best seen in order) and set 'order by' to random.

For individual shows I do what jmarshall suggested and Queue it then set now playing to Shuffle
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuffle/Play Random Videos0