Live Beta 2 and Nvidia 5500 Support?
Can anyone help me get my FX 5500 Nvidia working with Live beta 2?

I tried creating a new image with the driver img file from beta 1 but that did not correct the problem.

I don't really want to buy a new video card right now as i only use Media center for Photos, music and downloaded or recorded TV.

Any HD movies i will play on the Blue ray until gpu is better
Why do you need Beta 2? Is something broken in Beta 1 that you cannot live without. Honestly, from Beta 2 on, only 6 series cards will work, with priority being given to 8 and above series nVidia cards. The easiest thing to do would be to shell out $40 or so for an 8400 series nVidia card. You're going to have to be mucking around with drivers if you don't, and there's no guarantee that the older driver, the one allowing the 5xxx series cards to work, will be compatible with RC or gold releases.
in my case i have a FX5200 nvidia so it doesn't work too. So i put a Hardy ubuntu on a HDD with nivdia drivers and it s works !!

so...Nod
I am trying to find a work around to get my FX5500 to work under Beta 2 and future releases. If anyone has done this please post any tips or solutions. I could also install ubuntu however I prefer to keep the overhead as light as possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live Beta 2 and Nvidia 5500 Support?0