Subtitles
Hi.
I currently am running xbmc beta 2 with atv 2.2
When I watch a film (e.g. [rec] or persepolis) both are foreign films with english subs, the subtitles are not displayed.
I have used the play menu audio section to choose subtitles (enabled) and browse for subtitle file and they do not show.
I have browsed for the .srt and the .sub version both fail to display subtitles.
Can anyone help?
Cheers,
dean
debug log please
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
certainly (embarrassingly don't know how to get log), will definitely get them and send them....please let me know how.

BTW using mediastream as skin
http://pastebin.com/d6f144129
never mind, I'm an idiot
Debug log added
Sorry to bump, but still would like some help if possible
I am experiencing same problem on both Apple TV & MacOS 10.5
I am running Atlantis Beta 2 and the subtitle files are all in .smi files.

It looks like XBMC is not picking up .smi files. While playing media if I go to Audio option, it always display subtitle name as subtitle.smi. Then, when I explictly set smi file by browsing, it shows subtitle.browsed.smi as current subtitle name. Also when I browse and select subtitle, or toggle subtitles, it fastforwards for about 10-15 seconds. (I read somewhere that this is known issue?)
yep same here, but get subtitle.browsed.srt or subtitle.browsed.sub both fail
we still don't have a debug log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elepus, i posted one up on item number 4...If that is not correct, I can redo one.
Cheers,
Deano72

*** just checked, I had only set pastebin to keep for one day. will do another one now
http://pastebin.com/f93aeac full debug (12:40 today from startup choose [rec] 2007 film, then use audio option to choose [rec].srt subtitle file......then close xbmc

cheers!
New finding. When the media begins to play a subtitle flashes then disappear... Only in the beginning, though. deano72, has that happened to you?
nope, I get absolutely nothing on screen, I do get the brief fastforward of video, but no text in the slightest.
elepus, did you find anything?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles0