NOOB question...how to get tv shows to work
So I've read the guide, 4 times. I've read other threads, and still can't get any tv shows to work. Movies work fine, I figured that out easily enough, but i can't get tv shows to work properly. I know its probably something really dumb that im missing, but see if you guys can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Heres my directory structure for TV shows:

H:\TV Shows\Chuck\Chuck.s01.e01.avi

I've tried using just s01.e01.avi, s01 e01.avi, s01e01.avi...and even putting stuff in Chuck\Season 1\*.*.... nothing works.

Right now, with the above directory, i at least see the videos when i browse but they have no data for them, and its not listed under a grouped season 1. If i go to view tv shows, nothing shows up. Please help!

Thanks, I love XBMC so far, its absolutely perfect for the new HTPC that I'm getting. My system i'm testing on is a C2Q Q6600, 8GB ram, Vista ultimate x64, LG Bluray/HDdvd drive/Createve XFI gamer.

All drivers are updated and current.
try this file structure...
<share>\<show>\<show> - s##e## - <episode title>.avi

example...
The Universe - s01e04 - Jupiter The Giant Planet.avi

... episode title optional but recommended.

if that does not work then you could have a corrupt DB... delete your MyVideos and scan again.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:try this file structure...
<share>\<show>\<show> - s##e## - <episode title>.avi

example...
The Universe - s01e04 - Jupiter The Giant Planet.avi

... episode title optional but recommended.

if that does not work then you could have a corrupt DB... delete your MyVideos and scan again.

thanks for the advice...I actually just installed the latest build, 16089, and it seems to be working now...probably did have a corrupt database.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOOB question...how to get tv shows to work0