[atv] controlling/stopping music playback
Hi all-

I recently installed XBMC on my 2.2 appletv and really love it. My only problem comes when I want to listen to music.

If I select a song from an album and start to play the track, then in the short term (i.e., before the visualization kicks in) I seem to have no way to stop playback. Hitting the play/pause button on my remote simply acts as a "select" button -- either selecting a new track to start playing, or to navigate through folders, etc. The only way I've found to stop playback so far is to start a movie.

Now if I listen to a song for a few minutes so that the visualization comes up, then pressing the menu button *will* bring up an OSD so I can pause my music. The problem then is that I seem to have no way to get out of music mode! Pressing (or pressing and holding) menu will just move me through various music interfaces (selecting new music files, playing with the music OSD, displaying technical information for the file that's playing), but it will not bring me back to the home menu (so that I can, for instance, play a movie or perhaps turn off XBMC). My only solution seems to be to reboot the ATV, and obviously this isn't ideal.

I haven't found many other threads that discuss this issue, but I can't imagine I'm the only one having it. Unless, perhaps, I have some setting or another which is incorrect.

Any ideas?
Which skin? In MediaStream you press Play and you get the OSD where you can pause it. Menu get you out (I think you have to press it multiple times).

But I agree, playing music is not consistent with the rest of the GUI. And why there is no STOP button?
Aha! I got it working under that skin after I turned off library mode. Thanks for the tip! This is HUGE!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[atv] controlling/stopping music playback0