Little sound issue(s) in latest XBMC
First: Well done on this stable release, finally I have not the issues I had before which prevented me from using XBMC. I still have some 5.1 issues though which I would really like to fix.

I use a simple analog 5.1 system from logitech which is fine for my needs, I use a external 5.1 soundcard on my laptop from Trust.
HD videos (which are 5.1) didn't play at all in the older builds, or had no sound or just had 2.0 sound.

In this new stable release it's much better. For MP4 files I need to set the audio to digital / output to all speakers. Then I have 5.1 sound Smile
With MKV files, when I set to digital output XBMC crashes. With analog mode it works fine but then I just have 2.0

Is this a known problem? Can it be fixed somehow?

I really want to use XBMC instead of Vista Mediacenter or the Mediaportal crap Cool
I guess I figured it out. I disabled the option " Capable of DTS" in the audio hardware, and now it doesn't crash anymore. I also disabled HDMI audio in the Vista controlpanel. I can hear 5.1 sound, but not sure if it's available with every format. Time will tell I guess Smile
Is this specific to using HDMI on VISTA? I am not using HDMI. I am using SPDIF optical out to my recieiver and I get not sound when switch to digital

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Little sound issue(s) in latest XBMC0