How hard would it be to add fanart to the wall stream view?
Something like this:

I have to ask....why? It might be just my time away, but the skin seems to be getting more and more cluttered. In an admirable effort to give the users what they want, it's now getting to the stage of overkill in my opinion.

What you end up with is some bloated, overly-complicated version of a skin that started with simplicity in mind. It's either add all these elements in, or create larger and larger numbers of toggeable items within the settings screen.

It's just becoming overly bloated in my opinion.
Personally, I think MikeBeecham is spot on!

I would LOVE to see a "just FanArt" view. Something like Minimalko's Filmstrip view, except with NO poster art. Just the FanArt in the background and the info panel ( with option to hide by pressing down) giving you Title,Genre, and Description. This is very uncluttered, simplistic, and poster art could still be used with FanArt in views like "Showcase" or " Media Preview".
MikeBeecham Wrote:I have to ask....why? It might be just my time away, but the skin seems to be getting more and more cluttered.
I love the wall view, but I also love my fanart. Big Grin

But yeah, I know what you mean about bloat.
MikeBeecham Wrote:It might be just my time away, but the skin seems to be getting more and more cluttered. In an admirable effort to give the users what they want, it's now getting to the stage of overkill in my opinion.

I agree that in trying to please as many users as possible there are now a LOT of options available that can cause confusion.

In terms of the skin being more cluttered - every new thing that was added has been added with an option to turn it off again so the skin can be as cluttered or non-cluttered as it has always been.

As for adding a new fanart view, the team are working on other things now so won't be revisiting MediaStream for the time being so you're only hope is that someone creates a mod to do it (the number of views is already maxed so they'll have to remove a view or be clever about it)
Well just because it's almost new years I'll give you some help Smile
Your going to have to get your hands dirty though!

Open Includes.xml

Find:
<include name="WallStreamInfo">
<control type="group">

Add After:
<control type="image">
<description>Fanart</description>
<posx>8</posx>
<posy>-46</posy>
<width>508</width>
<height>316</height>
<info>Listitem.Property(Fanart_Image)</info>
<colordiffuse>FFDFDFDF</colordiffuse>
<include>WallStreamFadeAnim</include>
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
</control>
^^ Thanks! That works great.
Thumbs Up 
I think this looks awesome! Strange that no one thought about this before. Thanks!

My 2 cents
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:I think this looks awesome! Strange that no one thought about this before. Thanks!

My 2 cents

I use fanart instead of posters for List View -

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How hard would it be to add fanart to the wall stream view?0