xbmc wont work at all
i ahve been using xbmc a while on my pc connecting to my xbmc in the living room, all was ok until last week when i had to re-install vista due to error in th os.
No that i have re-installed everything i downloaded and installed xbmc, everything fine until i click the xbmc to open the program, straight away the pc says that xbmc has stopped working and is checking for a solution, but there is never one!!
Has anyone got any ideas why it would do this now?
Have tried installing about 5 times and everytime is the same, i really need xbmc running on the computer, as all my media is on here!!
Thanks for replys guys!!Smile
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42708
my best guess is that its an open GL problem XBMC requers a minimum of open GL 1.4 the drivers installed with you OS only support open GL 1.1. if this is the problem you need downloaded and installed drivers for your Graphics card from the manufactures site
falafael Wrote:i ahve been using xbmc a while on my pc connecting to my xbmc in the living room, all was ok until last week when i had to re-install vista due to error in th os.
No that i have re-installed everything i downloaded and installed xbmc, everything fine until i click the xbmc to open the program, straight away the pc says that xbmc has stopped working and is checking for a solution, but there is never one!!
Has anyone got any ideas why it would do this now?
Have tried installing about 5 times and everytime is the same, i really need xbmc running on the computer, as all my media is on here!!
Thanks for replys guys!!Smile

if it's a fresh install, first try one of my SVN builds (link below)
if that doesn't work re-install you gfx card drivers, sounds weird i know, but it does the trick, we're trying to track down why this is....
hi jester, just saying thanks for replying and that i used your svn build and it is now up and running on the computer, i had used driverscanner and it said all drivers were upto date!!, so i updated via device manager and it updated.

Once again, thanks for the help, really thankful have got xbmc running now, it truly is brilliant, i have it on my xbox1 in the living room, and it rocks!!!
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc wont work at all0