Can not connnect to network server
Hi all;
I am new to this but I am having trouble setting up my smb share on my aTV. I am able to add source (using IP) but I get the can not connect to network server error. I have tried both with and without username / password. Basically it sees the server but can't connect. I am running OS X 10.5.5 on the host machine an aTV 2.3 with launcher 2.2 and XBMC Atlantis (bf1). Any suggestions ?
I downgraded to aTV 2.2 and I am having the same issue.
If you have a firewall (may be in your Anti-virus) on the OS X machine make sure it is set to allow network sharing. Directions should be in the firewall's help file.

Also, try shutting everything down. Turn the modem on, wait until it loads, turn the router on, wait until it loads, turn the server on, wait until it loads, and then turn the aTV on.

If you can see the share through another computer on the network it's probably something to do with XBMC. More likely you won't be able to see the shares and it is your firewalls or network.
Thank You ! I have no av program and my firewwall is set to allow file sharing. Do I need to open any ports on my router ? I will try your suggestion to shut everything down and restart one by one.
Also try shutting down your firewall completely for a test. Those things can be a pain in A if you're not a Network Admin.

I'm not exactly sure if this matters on OS X, but (if it's not the firewall or network) Windows often requires you to switch the XBMC to whatever Workgroup your server is on. For me it was MSHOME instead of WORKGROUP. I think it is supposed to work without doing that, but it helped me out once. Finally if you are still having troubles use the ip address instead of the computer name.
I have the same issues. Please let me know if you find a solution.
Smile 
Hi,

I have pasted logs here http://pastebin.com/m5f4f435 hope that works!

I cannot access my mac from AppleTV although I can use the shared movies in iTunes from my mac. AppleTV will connect to the network and can access the internet, I have followed the install proceedure for XBMC and generally I can get XBMC to load though sometimes it will freeze or blank screen. I can run XBMC on my Mac no problem.

I have intel mac OSX 10.5.6

Let me know what other info you need to assist me. I do have a afp mount problem and NitoTV cannot see the remote folder to mount it. Not sure if this will be linked to the same problem I was hoping not! as I have to mod all my movies for iTunes to see them so I can play them through iTunes.
flamefix Wrote:Hi,

I do have a afp mount problem and NitoTV cannot see the remote folder to mount it. Not sure if this will be linked to the same problem I was hoping not! as I have to mod all my movies for iTunes to see them so I can play them through iTunes.

Yes that seems to be the issue for some reason afp mount never correctly installed despite several attempts to do so, pam_afpmount.so is not in the lib/pam/ on the ATV going to see if I can find more info on doing that but if anyone knows how to get afp_mount up and running that would be Cool
http://pastebin.com/m1350bd74

Seem to have resolved the afp_mount, corrected missing files changed ownership and now no errors either in XBMC or NitoTV either now. Still unable to see network or mount remote drives/ folders. Posted latest Logs can't see the errors originally in the logs now.

Mount can't be working though if I can't see AppleTV in Finder right?

Help Anyone?
Stupid suggestion but have you got sharing turned on in OS X, and the right folders shared... not just Public..
Chilternburt Wrote:Stupid suggestion but have you got sharing turned on in OS X, and the right folders shared... not just Public..

No question is stupid mate as far as I am concerned Big Grin

I have actually yes. The drive is shared and AFP turned on. Smb works but I still get the mount_afp alt 0000 0020 error and url -1 ern -1 and 1069 - 1069 error messages. So it has to be AFP but I can't seem to correct the install for afp checked the root:wheel are correct. I can't believe only those with APTV 1.0 original are the only ones to get afp working.Huh?
Hi flamefix; I noticed you mantioned you have had success with your smb shares. I'm wondering if you may post your smb settings you've had success with ? I still get error 2: can not connect to network. The share shows up when I browse but when I add it I get a no message stream and then when I try to connect I am not able to. Thanks in advance.
boxy Wrote:Hi flamefix; I noticed you mantioned you have had success with your smb shares. I'm wondering if you may post your smb settings you've had success with ? I still get error 2: can not connect to network. The share shows up when I browse but when I add it I get a no message stream and then when I try to connect I am not able to. Thanks in advance.

hi sorry I have been away.

I am not sure what settings I can help with . I only enabled SMB on the Mac and the ATV connected.
I wish it was that easy for me. I'm gettting ready to give up on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not connnect to network server0