AAC Q10 audio codec support in AVI's?
ok i tested it out using mplayer + frontend (link http://deje.uw.hu/) the video played fine with audio. so .... im guessing either its a bug or .. lol i have no idea . :nuts:
did you try it on the latest xbmc cvs??
i have 6/06/04 build
same problem on june 6 build, but it seems to be fixed in june 11 build. Smile
hmm i just tryed it on 6/11/04 and am not getting any different. still no audio Sad
terribly sorry, error on my part. had two versions of the same file, one encoded in ac3, one aac, ran the wrong one the second time.

nagmine is right. it works in mplayer+frontend as well as media player classic with libfaad 2.0 built in, but not xbmc.

will try not to read forums after drinks next time. :hmm:
i sent a wmv3 w/aac (q10?) sample to http://www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload -- at least i think i did. after i added the comment and pushed save it redirected to the upload page without confirming.

cheers,

azmo
thanks man i was trying to get a sample but virtual dub mod kept taking the audio out for somereason lol. hopefully we can a solution to this soon , most the media i have with aac is the best quality ive seen.
is there any update on this? should it be submited as a bug since even mplayer on windows plays it fine?
Sad 
(nagmine @ june 14 2004,19:11 Wrote:is there any update on this? should it be submited as a bug since even mplayer on windows plays it fine?
depends, which version of mplayer did you try?, we use mplayer rc4 as the xbmc core (and will not updated it until after xbmc 1.0 final),
i'd say if mplayer rc4 for windows/linux plays it with it's native codecs, (ie. does not require any dll's) then and only then it is a "bug".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i've still the same problem and can't get a file with acc to work. only the video show up but no audio.
i use the 2004-06-19 build and the acc is muxed in a .avi
audio: aac q10
video: 704 x 396 wm9vcm vbr
is there any way to get run on xbmc?

sorry for the bad english.

2fast2cool
ahh not much has changed in the cvs so im waiting to see if anything will change when 1.0 is out.

just give them time im sure it will work someday :p
still, no one of you have tried it in mplayer for linux or mplayer for windows on a pc yet(?), have to work there before can get added to xbmc
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gamester17 @ june 23 2004,11:33 Wrote:still, no one of you have tried it in mplayer for linux or mplayer for windows on a pc yet(?), have to work there before can get added to xbmc
i stated earlyer in the post that i tested it using mplayer +frontend for windows. it played fine no audio problems at all. thats why i was asking if it should be added as a bug.
and i asked which exact version of mplayer did you try? Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AAC Q10 audio codec support in AVI's?0