Refresh Rate Switching Problem
Question 
I know the Auto Refresh Rate feature is currently unsupported etc. but I'm having a problem and wanted to check with experts here to help me find out what's going on.

relevant specs:-

TV: Sony Bravia 40V3000
Amp: Sony RHT-G900B
GPU: radeon 3870 HD
XBMC: rev 17013 (c/o jester)

Until recently I had my HTPC connected directly to TV via HDMI for video and audio going into amp via spdif.

When refresh rate switching came live it worked perfectly for me.

Now I have audio+vid going via HDMI to the amp which then outputs to the TV.

My problem is that selecting any other refresh rate than the dekstop from xbmc seems to make the screen about half the size in top left corner. (This isn't the glrectangle hack issue - I have this set.)

I can set my desktop to 1080 60hz and 24hz perfectly - and xbmc will run fine in whatever one I choose but if I try to change it in xbmc *poof* reduced screen size and garbled backdrop.

The only changed factor is that I'm now sending video via the amp but it seems odd to me that it should work via the catalyst/desktop settings fine but not via xbmc - anyone help shed some light on this? Is it an xbmc issue or an issue with my set up?

thanks in advance.
I had seen that one time in my set up.
I Have a radeon HD 3200 (AMD 78OG).
My PC is directly connected to my TV (Philips 47PFL7403H) with HDMI, so I don't think it's related to the amp.

When i encountered the problem I had just made a lot of changes that could be the cause :
Reinstalled the ATI Drivers (CCC 8.12 + Drivers, English, Vista 64)
Enabled Aero
Upgraded XBMC to the latest SVN
Played with the -fs switch of the xbmc command line.

After having done all this action, the xbmc gui was normal, but video were played only in the upper left corner of the screen.

Then I Played again with the -fs and screen params in "Apperance" and "Video".
The pb "magically" disapeared.
I've played about quite extensively with the video and appearance settings but I'll tinker some more tonight - plus I'll try -fs switch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh Rate Switching Problem0