Audio via HDMI disappears
When changing channel or hibernating / sleeping my HTPC audio disappears on resume. I know I've read something about it, but I can't for the life of it find the thread. I don't know if it's a XBMC-specific problem or an opengl problem, but when running vlc or mpc there's no problem with the audio.

If I manually change the audio device in XBMC the sound returns, but it's a bit of a hassle doing it every single time...

I'm using the hdmi audio out from an ATI Radeon HD4650. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Personally I dont have this problem on my intel card but I´ve read about other cards having this issue and you could check if removing the hdmi cable and plugging it in again fixes the audio, if so, google hdmiOn.
Its just a small app that simulates replugging of the device and you should link that to a button on your remote so you can press that when you want audio again.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I have this problem too with my HD 3870 but the audio only disappears for GUI sounds - as soon as I play a vid/audio file the sound returns. So I can easily live with it.

A quick google shows this is a common problem for the realtek HD audio via HDMI. I haven't found a consistent fix yet but HDMIon.exe seems like your best bet.
Okey. I'll try it when I get back home.

Thanks for the help!
I grew so weary of this hdmi problem that I decided to use an optical spdif cable to hook my computer up to my receiver. Works like a charm...
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio via HDMI disappears0