Some lines in subtitles fail to appear
Using Jester's SVN 17124 build on XP SP3, I have an issue subtitles wherein some lines in subtitles will simply fail to appear on-screen. There's no accompanying visual aberration, the subtitle line just doesn't appear. Thus far I've only noticed one line being dropped at a time, not multiple consecutive lines, but this may be a wrong perception.

This doesn't happen with all subtitle types; thus far I've only noticed it on an ASS and IDX subtitle. Some files seem to work fine, however. I'll try out more of my subtitled files to see whether I notice any pattern in which subtitle/container types have the problem. Toggling the "adjust refresh rate" option in the video settings has some effect on the problem; it seems to change which subtitle lines fail to display.

Following is my debug log. Just by way of example, the event logged at 14:05:39 shows a line from the subtitle which doesn't appear.

http://mattb.alwayssleeping.com/files/xb...roblem.log

My display adapter is an Intel GMA3100 in case that has any bearing on the problem. Any guidance would be much appreciated!
I got the same problem.

My system is a Vista SP1 and the vid-card is a intel 7050 on-board.

I also noticed that if I revert back to an older build SVN, it works like a charm. But I'm not sure in which version did it started... Gona investigate it some more.
Sorry for the shameless bump, but any ideas? Is there any additional information I can provide which might prove useful to diagnosing this? It's really a show-stopper for subtitled content.
I would like to have a sample for doing tests Smile
AreaScout Wrote:I would like to have a sample for doing tests Smile

I'm uploading a clip now; the link will be forthcoming. Here's the XBMC log generated when I play this sample:

http://mattb.alwayssleeping.com/files/xb...ullitt.log

The following line from the log indicates a subtitle which consistently fails to appear on screen (I ran the video clip four times with XBMC restarts in between to make sure):

18:22:33 T:2576 M:2909179904 DEBUG: msg: [ass] **event at 31639, +2400: 67,,litw,,0000,0000,0000,,All l'm interested in is results.

I'll be looking for another sample of the problem with SRT/IDX subtitles (if indeed there is any problem with these).

Also, this is probably an unrelated issue, but with this sample and several other MKVs, when the video is very near the end (a couple of seconds), the playback halts (independent of whether subtitles are enabled). I cannot rewind or fast-forward or pause at this point. The interface is still responsive, however if I try to stop the playback or exit XBMC, the software freezes indefinitely (at least for the 15 or so minutes I waited). In the log I posted above I had to kill XBMC, so you can see all the events leading up to the freeze.

Thanks for your diligence with this!

Edit: Here's the sample clip:

http://rapidshare.com/files/186290920/Bu...e.mkv.html
Just curious whether you were able to reproduce the problem with the clip I provided...
Sorry work was keeping me busy this week, will give it a try this weekend Wink
I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think that this only happens to me if the subtitle is muxed in a .mkv.

Subs are fine for all my subs in external .srt files (thats the only subtitle format I use).

Gotta test a bit more to be sure. Tested with like 10 movies so far.
AreaScout Wrote:Sorry work was keeping me busy this week, will give it a try this weekend Wink
Much appreciated!
mattb, your sample works now for me, but could you stress test this a little bit more with all your files ? You need the newest daily build or just download the avformat-52.dll from sourceforge Wink
AreaScout Wrote:mattb, your sample works now for me, but could you stress test this a little bit more with all your files ? You need the newest daily build or just download the avformat-52.dll from sourceforge Wink

thanks AreaScout, new build coming Wink
Build with the latest fixes from AreaScout, test away Smile

XBMCSetup-Rev17298-jester.exe
Hi, I tested the latest build just now. The result is better but several lines still disappears for me. Can someone recommend a good application to cut a sample of an .mkv file to send to AreaScout for investigation?

[Edit] I found an application, sample sent to AreaScout. [\Edit]
AreaScout Wrote:mattb, your sample works now for me, but could you stress test this a little bit more with all your files ? You need the newest daily build or just download the avformat-52.dll from sourceforge Wink

Awesome. I'll do some testing tonight!
Jester, thanks for your great daily builds Laugh

@ all

I need some test for r17300 Smile thx in foward

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some lines in subtitles fail to appear0