Touchscreen - ESC / HOME (Menu) button?
Lightbulb 
I using xbmc with PM skin for a long time on my box and its great.

Now I am using xbmc for windows. I buyed a touchscreen and every normal function is working great (using PM.3 HD) . Only one problem.

I still need the ESC button to go back to the Menu.
I don't wanne use a keyboard anymore.
The only way to have it 100% touchscreen compatible is to have a ''MENU'' (esc button)

XBMC is the one for mediacenter and it will really great to have this menu button. Big Grin
You could easily add a "home" button to your favorite skin. It is not very difficult. Look at the wiki section on skinning. I don't think it would be logical for them to add this button to the default version of any skins simply because most people WOULD be using a keyboard or remote. Cheers.
Touchscreen will be a feature that will be used in the future.
it's not standard but it will be in the nearby future.

The problem is that there is not enough pc software for it at the moment.

but more and more company's are making software and hardware like:

-hp with touchsmart desktop pc's and tabletlaptops
-asus with t91 touch eee pc next month
-os vista with standard touchscreen features

The onscreen keyboard works greet and the selection of videos, pictures, music is really perfect with a touchscreen.

maybe I have to wait a year then more people will think different about it.
then we have only touchscreens on our phones (pda's) , digital cameras , navigationhardware, desktop pc, laptops, tv remote controlls, music players, handhelds nds, .......

or I have to try to add it on my skin. maybe someone has it already?
If MediaStream works for general use like PM does for you. I'd give that a try it already has a home button for shutdown. Aeon does also, but you need to go menu down to access it. Or like Rand said you should just make your own, if you want a quick fix.

What do you do when you exit xbmc to type? Or is this a XBMC only computer? I understand why you would want to have this feature, but I don't think you'll be ditching the keyboard/mouse completely for quite while, and maintain anywhere near the same functionality IMO.

Also the thought of touching the same display contently then watching a movie on it makes me Shocked :p They must have some pretty good screens to keep the grease/prints off them. Possibly hardened glass?
there's no way mediastream would work with a touchscreen. Have you tried using it with a mouse? Touchscreen is the same thing, it just emulates a mouse. I'm working on a touchscreen-aimed skin, but its almost more of a for fun sort of thing, i'm not sure how many people would really want to keep it as their main skin forever..
@timdog82001
Mouse is not nice to control because you cant if you are sitting down. Buyed already the media logitech keyboard for ps3 with a nice touchmouse pad.
And buyed a mini logitech dinovo. Nice but not that great like a touchscreen.
think about microsofts surface its a toy for boys. I can use my standard windows explorer and a program starts to play a file but it looks bad.
It all goes about the nice GUI.

Config:

old laptop 5(years) display is not good anymore because its getting of from the laptop.
So I only use this laptop with a vga tft.
To have fun i buyed a touchscreen 12 inch tft and connect it with a vga cable and usb cable. Standard driver for xp and it works great.

The only problem is that normal pc software is not great to use a touchscreen so I am searching for a good mediacenter.
I've tested kmplayer, itunes, vlc .... All not that nice with a touchscreen

I already used xbmc for my box and am trying it now on my laptop.
Got the laptop hidden and the touchscreen on the wall. xbmc as startup program in xp (full screen).

Now i can boot the pc have xbmc as main program and can easely start a movie or music. If i wanne go back and do something else (after listening 2 hours of music) like watching a movie, I need the ESC button to go back.
The PM 3 HD is really great because its really easy to take a next song, to stop the music .......

I am also thing to make a dual connection with my beamer. So I can use touchscreen to start movies on the beamer.

pm3 is a really perfect gui for me. Dont like to chance that. I was thinking before i learn how to edit the pm3 hd skin i'll give it a try and ask
I've been working with (multi) touch screens lately and kinda recognize your issue, just that interaction you have to get a keyboard or mouse, because a simple touch wouldn't do the trick, however I haven't used XBMC on a touch screen yet.

About modifying the skin, check out the skinning section on the wiki here:
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Skinning_XBMC
Here is a list of the windows, and their XML files:
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Window_IDs
What also might help with browsing through files/library is having the 'Hide Parent Folder Items' option disabled.
(Settings > Appearance > View Options)
@Martomo

thanks for the tips.

To select a movie or start music or looking in picture the pm3 hd skin works great. Check it out. The meadia stream does not work becourse you need to go up and down in the menu.
But the pm3 hd has all options on the screen.

Have to add this home button on every theme to get it work (movies, pictures, music, weather).

Setting some configs are also really easy because of the popup keyboard.
( ip setting or server setting).

I hope I find some time to adding this button somewhere.

Cool
I will try to add the button on PM3.HD.
does someone has a download link to this skin.

Is it easy to make a keyboard link of the ESC key OR is it better to make a link to the menu page. Rofl
You can 'download' the skin from the SVN repository:
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...XBMC/skin/
Hello everyone,

It seems that I have an issue with my touchscreen, when I press a button, I only get focus, I have to press the button more than 1 second to finally enter the sub screen.

Does anyone have similar issue?
Hello I have an issue with my touchscreen, I seem to only get focus on the button I click.
Anyone had similar issue?
HELLO!

i need a skin with this back buttons, too - is there out now?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touchscreen - ESC / HOME (Menu) button?0