Comments in Lircmap.xml cause XBMC to dump core
I just added my LIRC remote to Lircmap.xml and noticed that XBMC was crashing after I did so. Whenever I edit config files I add comments about what I added/changed and when I did it, and it didn't stop crashing until I removed all comments I inserted into the XML tree itself.

This leads me to believe XBMC is not properly parsing the XML.
Are you using the correct comment format?

Quote:<!-- This is an example of a proper comment. -->

You may want to post some examples so others know what you're speaking of. Smile
We use the same functions for that file as we do with all of the other XMLs XBMC accesses. Pastebin your broken file and make sure to enable the syntax highlighting for XML, it might point out something obvious.
Huh. Well, this explains why my attempt at comments in advancedsettings.xml made my installation crash.
Okay, here's an example: http://pastebin.com/m74c549b3

This is the default Lircmap.xml with a single comment line added at the end (but before the root element is closed). I just tested again, using this file causes XBMC to crash.
By the way I'm using the Ubuntu package from the repository at ppa.launchpad.net, version 8.10final1-intrepid4. I don't think you'll have trouble reproducing with that file but if you do, I can give you debug logs and backtraces.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comments in Lircmap.xml cause XBMC to dump core0