SVN 17700 No sound, Failed to initialized audio device.
hal2100 Wrote:./libavcodec/avcodec.h:533: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<<â token
Sounds like you have a merge conflict >>>>>> <<<<<<< Have you applied your own VDPAU patches or maybe aren't getting trunk / up to date?
make reallyclean will show affected files aswell, just rm them and svn up incase there are any.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
After a real compiling odyssey which included removing the whole directory and complete new checkout and a make reallyclean followed by a real long compiling time a got the new version svn 17789.

Perhaps someone can explain to me (in a PM because it is offtopic) why removing the sourcetree isn't enough to recompile everything.

Back to topic:
MP3 over spdif (iec958) is still not working, video is stuttering.
AC3 passthrough is working.
No Menu sounds. Maybe because they are mp3 or similar.

Log:
http://pastebin.com/m363dc7f0
Okay.. elupus has fixed the sound issue that I was describing(r17791). Not your issue.

hal2100, your issue is most likely this problem as described in the sticky:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35901

Read my post in that thread.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Today I upgraded from a ~2 week old SVN build working fine to 17794. After the upgrade I cannot play AVI videos with mp3 audio. I have never messed with pulseaudio, but nothing else on the system has changed besides an xbmc upgrade.

Tests all through spdif:

3:10 to Yuma (ac3 audio) - Plays fine. Skip foward/Back without issue.

8MM (mp3 audio) - Studdering, ~11fps framerate, no audio. When fastfoward/rewind plays normal for few seconds then goes back to studdering.

These are both included in log - http://pastebin.com/m2d10fb59 . I can play anything that fails in mplayer without issue. I have tried turning all SD upconverters and adjust refreshrate. It does not matter if i play the one with MP3 audio first or not. Reverting back to an older build now.
SVN 17794, no stereo MP3, no audio in videos, I get nav sounds only. A message appears in lower RIGHT corner telling me it cannot find the audio device. Looks like I have to revert her machine again. Here's the Pastebin - HDMI is "busy"??
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I just played a movie with MP3 audio. No problems. But I only have ALSA and not pulse audio. So can't help there.

Do regular MP3s play?

Disable pulseaudio for now and see if that helps.

The other differences is that I am on 8.04 and don't use hdmi.

Same issue as BLKMGK. I'm on 17794. I don't use pulse, and compile with --disable-pulse. I too get menu sounds, but playing a movie / TV show results in the "Could not initialize audio" message. Logs show that the ALSA device is busy.
Are you also hdmi? Please oh please oh please provide logs each time.

Not HDMI, using SPDIF, but should be similar. Here's log:

http://pastebin.com/m2cb227fd
Why did you cut your log? Please don't cut it. There is always useful stuff at the start of the log.

Anyhow, I suggest attaching your FULL log to the trac ticket that was created.

Please don't cut it. Also, make sure to mention the version of ubuntu you use.

My long doesn't truncate each time xbmc starts, so I wasn't sure how far back you wanted. It goes back for weeks. I assume you guys want to see from the last startup forward? I will grab that much and attach to the ticket in trac. Let me know if you need any additional info.
How about you stop XBMC, kill off the log, start XBMC again and reproduce.

Also... this is on OpenSuSE 11.1 x86_64.
Full log is here: http://pastebin.com/dbd1658c

I attached to trac ticket as well. I appologize for the log problems. I'll make sure to truncate->restart->reproduce in the the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN 17700 No sound, Failed to initialized audio device.0