How do I force XBMC to catalog a movie correctly?
In my collection, I have two movies:

United 93 (2006)
Flight 93 (2006) [TV]

XBMC seems to recognize both of them as "United 93" no matter how/what I name the "Flight 93" filename. I am using IMDB for the movie cataloging.

If you search for "Flight 93" on IMDB.com, the first result you get is "United 93" even though the exact match would be "Flight 93" listed just below that.

How can I force XBMC to choose the correct movie so that the correct description and cover art are loaded?

Perhaps a suggested implementation would be the option of adding the IMDB ID number to the end of the file name to force XBMC to recognize it for what it really is. ie, the convention would be "Flight 93 - tt0481522"

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!
Post debug log
A debug log wouldn't even help with his issue. His issue is with how IMDB puts popular matches above exact matches (which is an absolutely stupid way to have a search engine display results). If you use Media Companion you can enter the IMDB number and then it will store the nfo file and artwork on your movie drive so it never has to be scraped from IMDB again.
Use a new SVN version and movie.nfo

see wiki fir details but its just really a txt file with an IMDB url in it, no need for any programs other than XBMC
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
xexe Wrote:Use a new SVN version and movie.nfo

see wiki fir details but its just really a txt file with an IMDB url in it, no need for any programs other than XBMC

While I agree that XBMC can handle this all on it's own, why would you want it to scrape a website everytime you need to rebuild your library when you can have a program like Media Companion scrape it once and store everything locally for you?
Or use an external program like media companion and you wil have full control over your library.
This program creates .nfo, .tbn, folder.jpg and fanart.jpg files for your movies.
smcnally75 Wrote:While I agree that XBMC can handle this all on it's own, why would you want it to scrape a website everytime you need to rebuild your library when you can have a program like Media Companion scrape it once and store everything locally for you?

Or use XBMC to scrape everything once, then use it to export your library with the tbn's, nfo's and fanart's.
I've done that. I just personally feel that Media Companion does it faster and is easier to manage than doing it through the XBMC interface. Have you guys tried it and don't like it or do you just choose not to use it?
Try adding the movies release year to the title. That often helps... But as I see in your case both movies are from 2006, so thats no solution. ;-)
smcnally75 Wrote:While I agree that XBMC can handle this all on it's own, why would you want it to scrape a website everytime you need to rebuild your library when you can have a program like Media Companion scrape it once and store everything locally for you?

because

1. I rarely wipe my database and when i do its in a structured manner so "everytime" = once in a blue moon
2. online information changes and is updated so it seems silly to lock yourself into some random snapshot of it doomed to out of date information for ever more
3. why store all that info in a txt file when a simple unique id gives you all the power of online scrapers and a central database

it simply makes no real sense to me sorry
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
xexe Wrote:because
3. why store all that info in a txt file when a simple unique id gives you all the power of online scrapers and a central database

it simply makes no real sense to me sorry

Because a website can go down (or go away for good) at anytime. They can also completely change their format rendering the scraper useless. At least my way leaves you with all the information and you can always tell MC to re-scrape if you want. Why manually enter a text file with a unique id when MC creates an nfo file for you just by pressing a button labeled "scan for new movies"?
Wow this turned into a pissing match about nothing quickly (go figure...). Hopefully the OP can deduce he needs an NFO file and then hit up the wiki if more info if needed, cause this topic is closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I force XBMC to catalog a movie correctly?0