compilation + different artist = new(same) album?
Ok, so i have just started using XBMC on my mac, and have imported 3 album compilations to my library.

The first two imported fine, and in the library under albums you can see the two albums, and when you click on them, you can see the file / tracks / atrists etc

The third compilation i imported to the library has created a new album for every artist on that compilation. This is weird because the other 2 compilations i imported had artist data tagged just like the the third! so why does it do this, how can i group them int one album?

In the settings i found some sort of compilations option which i have enabled. This did not help though!

Thanks
It could be due to a number of reasons, but most likely because you've set the ALBUM_ARTIST tag in each file to the track artist. As long as that is not set, and the songs are all in the same folder, they'll be detected as a compilation album.

The online manual contains the exact heuristic used for identifying albums.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

turns out that the probem was that all track numbers where all set to 0 and that all cds were 1/1 instead of x/3

Thanks for the quick response though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compilation + different artist = new(same) album?0