Prioritize custom thumbs over IMDB thumbs
it doesn't actually overwrite the thumbs for me, but it relinks them to display the downloaded thumbs instead. my custom thumbs are kept safe and if i remove the cached thumbs in xbmc's album folder (i think it is) my custom thumbs will return.

jaga - thanks for testing, but then i guess that doesn't fix it.

what is needed is to just have it prioritize custom thumbs over the imdb thumbs, that would solve it.
just wanted to add that i also like to use my own thumbnails, and there are many others on the xbox-scene xbmc forum that only use custom thumbnails (but they don't seem to use imdb?). i would love the feature of selecting wheather to use custom or downloaded thumbs for my movies. with that and the ability to have imdb full scan parse .nfo files, xbmc would be perfect.
old thread but a bump because i agree, i would rather have imdb thumbs take second priority to my custom thumbs. also, i think prompting on imdb download would be a good idea

(i.e. this file already has a custom thumnail. what would you like to do?
use custom thumbnail this time
always use custom thumbnail first this scan
use imdb thumnail this time
always use imdb thumbnail first this scan
)

that way each folder or complete scan session i can say i prefer one over the other
if a custom thumb exists (ie <filename>.tbn, and possibly folder.jpg), it should always use it.

if not, it's a bug. please indicate how we can replicate.

cheers
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prioritize custom thumbs over IMDB thumbs0