New content type for Music DVD?
I'd like to see a fully integrated database that holds all media types and lets you tag/set them as whatever particular data type (or sub type) you want (ie movies/tv/audio/audiobooks/music videos/concert dvds/pictures/comics/etc).

Then the skins could simply create different views that filter/include/exclude your preferred types (including hybrid/multi-type views).
double posting (delete me)
I would recommend RoboRob's solution (which I'm using too).... enter your videos via themoviedb and treat them as movies.... then we can ALL benefit from your work ;-)

Having said that...

I also think TeknoJunky's longer term vision is the right way to go... but skins would have to have a finite number of 'spaces' reserved for your content types e.g. Music Vids, Movies, TV Shows, Music Documentaries (etc etc)... whilst the skin could let you choose ANY filter, there can still only realistically be a number of 'slots' in some UI's before something like the home menu gets out of hand with 200 categories!
Well, that's the main problem, including Music DVD or Concerts inside Movies, it's not right. I have no problem to include the Music DVD or Concert information in themoviedb.org but I have no way to separate it from the movies category, know what I mean?
AnalogKid Wrote:... but skins would have to have a finite number of 'spaces' reserved for your content types e.g. Music Vids, Movies, TV Shows, Music Documentaries (etc etc)... whilst the skin could let you choose ANY filter, there can still only realistically be a number of 'slots' in some UI's before something like the home menu gets out of hand with 200 categories!

I don't know the intracasies of skins or the skinning engine, but ideally the 'spaces' should simply have an infinitely (within database limits) expandable list of (user set + default) filters/views.

Instead of being restricted to certain base views such as movies/music/pictures/programs/etc, you would simply have view 1 thru infinity.

It should not be the skins perogative to allow/restrict a certain number or type of views. They should be designed to be as infinitely flexible as the media database.

A user could have 1 view with all media, or 200 if they wanted to scroll through that many.
TeknoJnky Wrote:I don't know the intracasies of skins or the skinning engine, but ideally the 'spaces' should simply have an infinitely (within database limits) expandable list of (user set + default) filters/views.

Instead of being restricted to certain base views such as movies/music/pictures/programs/etc, you would simply have view 1 thru infinity.

It should not be the skins perogative to allow/restrict a certain number or type of views. They should be designed to be as infinitely flexible as the media database.

A user could have 1 view with all media, or 200 if they wanted to scroll through that many.

I quite agree in principle, totally.... it's just the practicalities of some skin designs would make that tricky.... possible, but tricky.... example Aeon's horizontal home menu would not suit horizontal panning across a theoretical 200 categories!.... don't worry though... I totally agree that user defined categories would be great.

This however then starts to impact other areas... like the scrapers... how do they translate a user defined category into "go find the artwork at http//..." ... right now, they know where to look for Music, or TV, or Movies.... but for 'Japanese Hentai' ? ...

Im still in favour though! :-)
I want to know if someone on the dev team has any news about this.

I think that this content type is very common today, I would say that 80% of the people who has a built a media center, has Music DVD. It's like music videos...

Hope that this can be done...

Thanks
tebicenter Wrote:I want to know if someone on the dev team has any news about this.

I think that this content type is very common today, I would say that 80% of the people who has a built a media center, has Music DVD. It's like music videos...

Hope that this can be done...

Thanks

I believe it could be solved this way http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65506

You would separate you Movies content do different folders like

../Movies/..
../Home videos/..
../Music videos/..

and this would be shown along with Genre, Actors, Year, Title... as Sources view.

How you get metadata do library is a separate problem, but if you submit them to themoviedb.org, metadata it would be available through existing scrapers.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New content type for Music DVD?0