Looking for an RF remote
Question 
I have narrowed my choice down to this;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6826641002

But I cannot find any Ubuntu documentation confirming it will work.

Does anyone have any success stories involving an RF remote with linux and XBMC?

I am currently using an old 360 controller and the wireless adapter on a windows machine, as I could not get it to work well on Ubuntu.
My new box ( PIC /end brag) also acts as a raid 5 fileserver and I will be using my old one as an extender. I need to use Linux on the new box for software raid and I am tired of using this wireless keyboard and mouse.

Any creative (non-ir) remote suggestions are welcome.
check if it's supported by lirc. if it is it will work with linux and xbmc too (if you configure it the right way)
LIRC doesn't apply if it is an RF remote does it?
I missed the non-IR part of your post, sorry Smile
I can't find anything on google about people trying that device on linux. I never tried that kind of hardware before. with any luck it will just register as a usb hid device. maybe you should look for a device that is known to work under linux.
I'm using an ATi Remote Wonder II, which is RF. Works nicely but is not supported by XBMC out of box, so you need the black candles, rubber chicken and goat blood black magic messing about to make it run Smile
heriomortis do you have your keymap.xml you can post?

I think I will be going with your recommendation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for an RF remote0