Errors adding movies/tv shows to library
Hello

I have 2 ATVs running Apple TV 2.3, Launcher 2.3 and XBMC 8.1bf1, for some reason updating library has intermittment issues on both devices, symptons are:

- when I new shows and do library update the show isn't picked up
- same when I add episdes
- same when I add movies

Typically one ATV will pick up and the other won't (so I know naming is fine) - somtimes running the command again works, sometimes running scan for new content for TV shows works, sometimes nothing seems to work.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Can anyon help (what further info do you need to help)

FYI: I my content is stored on a SMB share on my network and I only connect to 2 sources:

\\server\share\Movies - each movie in its own folder
\\server\share\TV - each show in its own folder and season subfolders

Maybe my SMB attachment should be more granular?

Regards
8.10 although fairly recent is getting old in the tooth given the development speed of XBMC.
Is there no way for ATV owners to run SVN?
I am just throwing this out there since ATV users seem to have the biggest share of these problems, I do not expect the original poster to answer this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hey,

I am experiencing the same type of issue. I keep my media on a D-Link DNS-323 and during the initial setup, XBMC went out and found all my media with no problem and indexed it. Since then, however, any new media I add does not get picked up and indexed. I can access the files by browsing for them but not through the library.

I know this doesn't help much but just wanted to share my situation.

mosi
I am having the same issue as well. It picked it up fine and now it will not work. I am going to try and delete the db and see what happens.
Hey Guys,

Everything working perfectly until this morning - XBMC just seemed to stop being able to update the library. It brings up the window scanning for new content, then just cleans and stops. I've added a new episode to the Dollhouse folder, as well as the Terminator folder. Manual update does nothing either. Log is below:

http://pastebin.com/m1318fd63

Thanks for any help you can provide.
I am having the same problem as well, unfortunately.

My log tells me XBMC is having trouble connecting to thetvdb.com, but the site seems to be up and I can watch streaming trailers from Apple, so it seems my internet is fine.
Manual update being "scan for new content" in files mode?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
In my case, yes. I tried a "scan for new content" in both files mode and at the "TV Shows" view. I shelled in and did a reboot from command line, no change. I then removed the show completely from the library and cannot re-add it now.
All files are visible in file mode - it correctly sees all of the folders and movies in those folders. Changing something on my Mac will appear instantly. So, it has no problem seeing the files, and everything is named correctly for scanning, it just... doesn't.
There seems to be an epidemic....
Problem at theTVDB?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45338
sho Wrote:There seems to be an epidemic....
Problem at theTVDB?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45338

That's what I thought at first. Checked out the site and everything's loading file through a normal browser. Could they have changed something in regards to how XBMC fetches the data?
I was about to start a thread about this. thetvdb.com is up, but XBMC isn't accessing it. That's the problem on my end.
Same problem with boxee too. Is the API down or what?
Has anyone tried another TV scraper?
sho Wrote:Has anyone tried another TV scraper?

Rage TV is scraping, but it sucks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Errors adding movies/tv shows to library0