Errors adding movies/tv shows to library
I tried IMDB. It sort of worked, but was a total mess.
Perhaps there should be some sort of manual library control, in case of such an event that it can't connect to an online database?

The system could alert you that it found new files, but it couldn't connect, and allow you to manually assign them to an existing show title, or assign a new one. Then you could assign a season and episode number. It would add it to the library, and the next time it connected, would verify the supplied information, and download any missing artwork / synopsis info.
At least an error message should be displayed. It is very confusing that nothing happens and you can't find your media anywhere.

And a nicer approach will be to identify the show, season and episode number (you can get this from the filename) and add it to the library with some kind of "pending" status.
I like the direction you're going. I would really like some sort of library management application for my PC. Interfacing with XBMC on the TV is a bit clunky.

Yes, I know I'm asking a lot. Wink

Krieg Wrote:At least an error message should be displayed. It is very confusing that nothing happens and you can't find your media anywhere.

And a nicer approach will be to identify the show, season and episode number (you can get this from the filename) and add it to the library with some kind of "pending" status.
webman2k Wrote:Perhaps there should be some sort of manual library control, in case of such an event that it can't connect to an online database?

The system could alert you that it found new files, but it couldn't connect, and allow you to manually assign them to an existing show title, or assign a new one. Then you could assign a season and episode number. It would add it to the library, and the next time it connected, would verify the supplied information, and download any missing artwork / synopsis info.

I also like this idea. Please add your input into to my thread in the feature request section of the forums. I wasn't sure if anyone else liked the idea, but this is one of several threads I've come across where a user would like to be able to do this.

Add TV Shows/Movies to library without scrape info?

jtp8736 Wrote:I like the direction you're going. I would really like some sort of library management application for my PC. Interfacing with XBMC on the TV is a bit clunky.

There are several applications that do this but I personally don't use any of them to do any management of the shows, but they are out there. Media Companion, and Movie Info Plus are just two of them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Errors adding movies/tv shows to library0