New XBMC-VDPAU Build: AMD vs Intel
nul7 Wrote:I'm not sure why it won't load for you, but they probably only ship to the U.S. anyway.
Now it loaded fine and i had a look at that hardware. Don't think you'd run into problems with that rig despite - well the noise i think :-)

nul7 Wrote:My question is, how can you comment on the size, cooling, or noise of the hardware when you don't even know what it is? lol
Didn't mean to offend you but as i've literally spend months just planning and reading for my current rig and i'd say i know what i'm doing :-) And a no-name 650 watts psu is a) way way way oversized for anything you might want to do with that pc and b) surely and absolutely is not quiet. and as for my preferences this would be an absolute no-go for the living room. i wanted something that does neither look nor sound nor draw power like a regular pc - and after lots of time, work and frustration i came up with that machine.

nul7 Wrote:Not that I disagree, but my point was that even the cheapest hardware you can buy will work. This particular combo is a good start for anyone who wants the cheapest solution that works.
Sure - i never questioned that as for the processing power. it's just - at least i don't want something like that in the living room and i don't think many of you guys would want that. as for the pure power it'll do. Have a look at http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ar..._gpu&num=1.

nul7 Wrote:they can use an old DVD player as a case and spend a little extra on a picoPSU like you did and still spend around $200 + shipping.

Unfortunately, that sony player did cost me the same or even more than an average slim desktop case - but it was worth it. I buyed it borked at ebay and still was paying nearly 100$ for it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Haggy Wrote:Didn't mean to offend you[...]

No, no... wasn't offended. lol Just taking a poke.
Antioch Wrote:Haggy, that looks like a great 'case.' I'd love to see some internal shots - maybe even a build log if you made one. Have you hooked up the built-in LCD to XBMC or your kernel yet? What about the case buttons?

Thanks

For all you guys still interested in my DVD-Player-To-HTPC-Conversion i suggest you have a look at: http://www.silenthardware.de/forum/index...opic=34761

Unfortunately it's in german, but the pictures speak for themselves.

Thanks,
Haggy
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC-VDPAU Build: AMD vs Intel0