stretch video to fill screen with MythTV
Does anybody know of a way to make live TV watched via MythTV fill the screen on my 16:9 TV.

4:3 video has black boxes on the right and left. 16:9 video strangely has some slight black boxes on the top and bottom. I would prefer just to stretch all video to fill the screen like in Mythfrontend.

I'm using the native support via a myth:// url.
I'm going to start the war... there's absolutely no reason you should EVER stretch 4x3 video to fill a 16x9 tv. It disproportionates everything in the video... makes people change shape when they lay down or put their arm out.

The bars are there because the video was shot at 4x3 (well or converted to it... but either way). There are black bars on some widescreen material because it was shot for a screen wider than your 16x9 TV. The director/videographer can choose to shoot wider than 16x9 since movie screens are adjustable. This is normal and should not be messed with.

Zooming in to fit movies to 16x9 will cause some of the sides to be chopped off. Zooming in to fit 4x3 content at 16x9 will cause the top and bottom to be cut off. Stretching causes the video to distort. How are any of these things good?

Just my thoughts of course... I just don't get it
Whether it's good or not is to be debated: XBMC allows you to do it ofcourse.

Just hit z and zoom to your hearts content
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm using this on an AppleTV, so I don't know how to press 'z'.

Either way, I was hoping for a static setting that would essentially take video from MythTV and make sure it ran stretched. When I say stretched, I'm referring to how the MythTV frontend treats it. With 4:3 to 16:9, the height stays the same, the width increases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stretch video to fill screen with MythTV0