XBMC not working in latest Ubuntu Jaunty beta
I cannot get XBMC to work in the latest Ubuntu Jaunty beta release. I had it working in the previous Intrepid version. Can anyone help?
My laptops graphics are ATI radeon & the error I get is :-

Quote:X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
Serial number of failed request: 28
Current serial number in output stream: 29
CRITSEC[0x8a771e4]: Trying to enter destroyed section.
CRITSEC[0x8a771e4]: Trying to leave destroyed section.
Read up on this thread here:

Sticky: HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner
I use xbmc form svn-ppa on jaunty without major issues. Only ProjectM doesn't work for me currently. I'm using Nvidia GF2MX with nvidia-glx-96, so you might see a radeon driver bug. Do other GL Apps work for you ? Is direct Rendering working ? Tried disabling compiz ?
I think I can help narrow it down...

I have an EeeBox (atom n270 1.6GHz, Intel 945GME) running the Ubuntu 9.04 beta updated as of today (29/03 - kernel 2.6.28-11-generic, inteldriver version 2.6.3, Xorg version 7.4). I'm running the XBMC r19025 build from the Jaunty SVN PPA.

Connecting my monitor with dvi works fine, but if I use a dvi->vga adapter I get the same error as roadrash. The difference is that with the vga adapter connected, Xorg detects 2 monitors. An xorg.conf with a virtual monitor is automatically created, and if I connect with dvi using that xorg.conf I a) can't change resolution above 1024x768 and b) XBMC doesn't work.

I deleted the xorg.conf, but I'll try to get a new one and attach it here.

EDIT: Looking through trac, I wonder if patch 19026 and 19027 might fix the problem. My box takes too long to build, so I'll just wait for the updated PPA build.
Is there a way of disabling Compiz without losing all its settings ?
I've spent months on refining my favourite tweaks there.
Will I have to give that all up permanently in order to use XBMC ?
You could probably backup the configs for it probably located in your home directory.
nova-t Wrote:Is there a way of disabling Compiz without losing all its settings ?
I've spent months on refining my favourite tweaks there.
Will I have to give that all up permanently in order to use XBMC ?

There are many ways of turning off compiz, the method that i choose is by installing CompizFusionIcon. http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/CompizFusionIcon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not working in latest Ubuntu Jaunty beta0