Xbmc, suspend and Lirc
Hey, I finally got suspend to ram working using s2ram... After some hacks with the hibernate-script (reloading both lirc, and the lirc-module for my remote), the remote also works after I resume from suspend mode. Well, at least it does using irw... Xbmc doesn't seem to recognize it.
So here are my problems:
  • is there any way to make lirc=>xbmc work again after I restarted lirc, but not xbmc? Somehow re-register with lirc maybe? (I have no idea what xbmc uses to communicate with lirc, so this was a pretty wild guess ;D)
  • is there a command I can use in skins to run system-commands? I'd like aeons-shutdown button to run "hibernate -F /etc/hibernate/ususpend-ram.conf"..
Thanks in advance, mots
FWIW, I had the same problem. I have dumped GDM (just using startx) and I just stop xbmc (and consequentially, also X) before I hibernate. Then i stop lirc; at resume i start lirc, then xbmc. Works for me Smile
infernix Wrote:FWIW, I had the same problem. I have dumped GDM (just using startx) and I just stop xbmc (and consequentially, also X) before I hibernate. Then i stop lirc; at resume i start lirc, then xbmc. Works for me Smile

That sounds like what I need to do.. Can you explain how you go about doing that? Is there some magic script that gets run pre/post suspend?

xnappo
Me too I have the same problem, but when I resume and the script run startx but only Xorg run, not xbmc....I don't know why!

infernix could you tell us a little bite more about your sofware configuration and maybe also your script? thanks
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
I don't know why, but you have to start / restart
- modprobe lirc_xxx
- lircd
- lirccmd
- irexecd

AFTER X started. This has nothing to do with hibernating. lirc don't work after X restart.
I have a small lirc.rc script I put in "Start with X Windows Applications". This works for me
Server OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - 2xSatelco EasyWatch-C - streamdev-server git-19.02.15
Client OpenSuSE 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - XBMC - Nvidia GT 610 / 331.79
Client Zbox ID84 OpenSuse 12.3 - vdr-2.2.0 - SoftHDDevice git-19.02.15 - Nvidia 331.79
infernix Wrote:FWIW, I had the same problem. I have dumped GDM (just using startx) and I just stop xbmc (and consequentially, also X) before I hibernate. Then i stop lirc; at resume i start lirc, then xbmc. Works for me Smile

I'm not using gdm either (minimal archlinux installation, i start X with inittab and have xbmc in .xinitrc) Any idea on how to restart xbmc without restarting X? Maybe starting xterm with a script that starts xbmc in .xinitrc?
One option you can try is to send key stroke using event client.

See sample script here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47288

You probably need to restart the event-client script after resume. The correct order would be restart lirc, then wait a sec and then restart the event-client script.

By the way, the sample script was made for original xbox remote. You probably would need to modify the configure for it to work properly.

mots Wrote:Hey, I finally got suspend to ram working using s2ram... After some hacks with the hibernate-script (reloading both lirc, and the lirc-module for my remote), the remote also works after I resume from suspend mode. Well, at least it does using irw... Xbmc doesn't seem to recognize it.
So here are my problems:
  • is there any way to make lirc=>xbmc work again after I restarted lirc, but not xbmc? Somehow re-register with lirc maybe? (I have no idea what xbmc uses to communicate with lirc, so this was a pretty wild guess ;D)
  • is there a command I can use in skins to run system-commands? I'd like aeons-shutdown button to run "hibernate -F /etc/hibernate/ususpend-ram.conf"..
Thanks in advance, mots
xnappo Wrote:That sounds like what I need to do.. Can you explain how you go about doing that? Is there some magic script that gets run pre/post suspend?

xnappo

Did anyone ever got this to work? How did you do it? How can you change XBMC to run your own script which stops x, stops lirc and suspend instead of just suspend?
Is this still the way to go?

Now after upgraded to jaunty, my remote (lirc) doesnt work after wake up from suspend.
I can still wake the htpc up with the remote, but the it doesnt work...

Is there an easy way to fix this?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Is there anything obvious in XBMCs log (debug logging enabled)? My lirc remote is working fine after resuming from suspend.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
im having the same problem actually. Im on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 and
when i resume my xbox remote stops working, sureley because of LIRC not beeing active anymore i guess.

Havent realy looked much more into it but gonna check some logs when i get home.
Me to. Will enable debugg mode, then suspend the htpc, and then wake it up.

I remember some problems with this for a couple of month.. but I dont know if I did something...or if I just read about people having problems...

I also got the MS OEM remote..

/Söder
soder Wrote:Me to. Will enable debugg mode, then suspend the htpc, and then wake it up.

I remember some problems with this for a couple of month.. but I dont know if I did something...or if I just read about people having problems...

I also got the MS OEM remote..

/Söder

Well, this is strange...
First, the soft reset failure use to happen.

Then, the lirc thing, I dont know. I've seen it before.

This morning, my htpc was in sleep, and then when I woke it up, XBMC was in screensaver (black) and didnt respond to my remote.

Now I restarted the htpc, started XBMC and then put in sleep with suspend.

Then I pressed my powerbutton on the remote to wake it up, and this happend.

It seems like, sometimes the htpc will not start, and sometimes the remote dont work...
Error -19 didnt fit in the picture..

/Söder
WTF! picture a little bit TOO big?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Nonetheless, this sounds like a setup issue, nothing XBMC can handle. What's about the debug log?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc, suspend and Lirc0