[BUG - FIXED] Blurry fanart
Question 
Hello everybody,

first, let me tell you how much I appreciate the work you've done with XBMC and Aeon Stark! Smile I've been using XBMC for ages (first on my XBOX, now on my MacBook) and this is by far the best skin I have ever used.

I noticed one thing that I can't explain ... when I use a picture as fanart, it seems to blur. I uploaded a picture so you can see the difference ... On the right, you can see the picture beeing used as fanart, on the left as a background in the menu.

I looked through the forum, but I can't find anything about this, so I don't know if this is a bug or if this is the normal behaviour.

It appreciate your answers.

Thanks in advance!

Bananenbrot
I'm not positive but I think this is something to do with XBMC and not the skin. It caches the fanart to the \userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart folder. I wonder if XBMC lowers the resolution when it stores them there?
I already had the same idea, but the problem does not occure in MediaStream. Also, the fanart looks blurry in Plex as well when I load Aeon Stark. So I don't think that this is a general problem in XBMC.

Thanks for your answer!

Bananenbrot
i just noticed that, too.
I've downloaded the recommended OSX build and i'm running it on a Macbook Pro
It seems to be a difference between the largeimage control and a standard image control. I tried switching it to the latter and the blurry issue was gone. Unfortunately, so were the fades between backdrops. Maybe jm can confirm if largeimage does some kind of optimisation on the images.
.nimrod Wrote:i just noticed that, too.
I've downloaded the recommended OSX build and i'm running it on a Macbook Pro

That's interesting, I tried another build, but the problem remains ...

@djh_
Thanks a lot for your answer!
So this is a known bug that could be solved in a later version of Aeon?
That would be great, thanks a lot for your support!

Bananenholz
Not so much a bug as a peculiarity of the largeimage control, it seems. If jm doesn't notice this himself I'll ping him and see what it is.
djh_ Wrote:Not so much a bug as a peculiarity of the largeimage control, it seems. If jm doesn't notice this himself I'll ping him and see what it is.

That's great to hear! Smile Thanks again for this wonderful release and your fast help!

Bananenbrot
LaTropa64 Wrote:I'm not positive but I think this is something to do with XBMC and not the skin. It caches the fanart to the \userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart folder. I wonder if XBMC lowers the resolution when it stores them there?

It's definitely not that as fanart isn't affected by the thumbsize rule.
I've suspected for a while that something similar's affecting the HD posters in the info views. Must be a problem with largeimages.
Add a ticket to trac including guidelines on exactly how to reproduce. I already have an idea on what it is (I suspect it won't affect 720p backdrops/fanart at all, just 1080p - please confirm).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Done.
jmarshall Wrote:Add a ticket to trac including guidelines on exactly how to reproduce. I already have an idea on what it is (I suspect it won't affect 720p backdrops/fanart at all, just 1080p - please confirm).

It definitely affects 720p backdrops/fanart as well.

Actual image in Vista image viewer:

In XBMC:
Looks like it's fixed -

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/19099

Thanks, JM.
Sounds great! Smile
But how do I add this change to my XBMC version? Do I have to compile it myself?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG - FIXED] Blurry fanart0