Help with RC6 MCE Remote
I need some help with my rc6 remote which i am trying to use allong with my xbmc atlantis for windows release..
When i was using it with xbmc live version it was just fantastic, but now when i am trying to using it with fully blown atlantis version for windows its causing me a heart attack because only directional and ok buttons are working (rest is dead). Dont know what to do.. Tried some help like event ghost etc.. but no luck here..
eventghost with the mce and xbmc plugins is what you need on windows ; although I here the linux version supports the mce remote natively
a current version of eventghost is really all you need. most everything will work out of the box, but can be customized if need be. check out one of the tutorials in the sticky and let us know if there are specific questions/problems you are having.
Code:
To get your MCE remote working with XBMC and many more applications of your choice just take the following steps:
(no need for alternate drivers, .NET 3.5 etc)

1. Install the latest beta build of EventGhost (EG)
   2. After starting EG, load the MCE Remote Plugin (say yes when asked about disabling HID for the remote control device)
   3. Load the XBMC plugin
   4. Connect the XBMC actions with the events from your MCE remote

I did it with above instructions, but i abviously missed out something as its not working..
Is there any chance that any of you guys could do step by step guide for it..?
That's pretty much step-by-step. You dragged your remote events from the left over to the xbmc commands on the right?
This tutorial is pretty good:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46595
xanadu1979 Thanks a lot mate.. It helped..
Thanks to other guys as well..
One more question..
When "Disable HID Service for this remote" is checked i got no clicks during navigation around XBMC menu..
Any ideas..?
The HID service allows your remote to act as a keyboard for certain functions. The arrow buttons are mapped to the keyboard arrow buttons. The numbers are mapped to the number keys. The Exit button is mapped to the Escape key. The Ok button is mapped to the Enter key. I think there's a few more. I posted a link to it in the tutorial I mentioned before.

If you disable this service, you must map the buttons in EventGhost to those functions. I prefer to leave the service enabled and let the functions do their thing. You must reboot your computer after enabling/disabling the service for the change to take effect.
It`s all great now..
Is there any way to add copy, paste etc.. functions to event ghost for XBMC..?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with RC6 MCE Remote0