Cannot display posters or fanart?!
Hi there,

I installed XBMC and Aeon on Monday, had a play around, very nice. Last night I reformmated PC and reloaded on XBMX (Rev 19102) and installed Aeon. Ive added a source, set content to Movies, it gathered the info for the library. When I view the library, none of the posters or fanart show. When I try to select the art manually it shows the fanart as being the current one, however it still does not display.
When I try to select the poster/thumb, it shows the local one as a blank space, its selectable but shows no image.
In every folder for the movies I have a .tbn -fanart.jpg and .nfo files. The nfo info is being pulled but nothing else?

Am I being dense and have done something wrong? Huh
When you set the content did you select 'Use folders for lookup'?
umm, i think so yes.
What OS?
Vista 32bit
Then you might be missing a couple of DLL's.

EDIT: Here we go.

msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll

Put them in your system32 folder.
Thats great, all the artwork is now showing, and the large images certainly look alot sharper now.

One more thing though, I dont think that the NFO files have been used, as the info screens do not have director/actors/writer and instead have "items" and "Weather screen options unavailable in this version" in their place. The synopsis, year and genre are the only details that it seems to have pulled. Any ideas again?

(Many thanks for the help btw!)
The "Items" thing has been fixed - it was an incorrect string. But if your nfo files are complete the info should be there.
nfos are all there and complete, they were created with media companion.

EDIT: Thats done it, found out it was my MyMovies.xml files causing the problem! Deleted those and fine! Nevermind I suppose, not like i'm going back to MyMovies anytime soon! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot display posters or fanart?!0