Navigate the virtual numpad with remote
I was trying to add this functionality to XBMC and I actually have it working to some extent. but I'm not sure what to do know and it's probably because of this that you guys never implemented this. The code I'm implementing respects the "navigatevirtualkeyboard" advanced setting.

So I decided to just ask before wasting more time with this...

The problem is with inputting IP addresses for instance. The left/right keys on the remote are supposed to move between the IP address blocks but with "navigatevirtualkeyboard" turned on, the left/right/up/down keys are used to move in the virtual numpad.

What if I want to input an IP of 100.90.4.12? This won't be possible because after the "90" I can't move to the next block and after the "4" the same.

So, is this the reason you guys never implemented such a feature? If not, any suggestions to work around this? I can't think of a good way to do it...

I know this is not very important but if the user as "navigatevirtualkeyboard" enabled and is used to move in virtual keyboard with the remote arrow keys, I think he should expect the same behaivor on the virtual numpad... Although we can easily input the numbers we want through the remote numpad itself.
enter your ip address as 100.090.004.012
Doesn't work, entering 0 changes to the next block. Either way, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have the IP addresses like that...
That's weird...are you sure your 0 key is mapped properly? Why would it be a bad idea to enter the IP that way? I have network devices that always display IP addresses in that format.
I don't know... But I never saw IPs displayed like that and it's normally not what people are expecting to insert so... I thought of adding a ticket with this and attach a patch with my code, but it's not what people expect, so I don't think I will...
there's nothing wrong with submitting a ticket. Even if they don't make it the way you want, they may assign a button that lets you jump to the next field. On the IP address subject though, I've actually had devices that forced me to enter the IP address in that format as well. It's just another way of displaying the same address.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigate the virtual numpad with remote1