Lost some Apple TV remote functions after updating to Launcher 3.0
davilla Wrote:Your original question was about "play hold" not working. Try "menu hold".

"Apple TV OS Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N5519)", that's the AppleTV OS r2.1 version.

According to our notes "play hold" is only functional on AppleTVs with r2.2 and greater. Did you happen to do a factory restore ?

I didn't do a restore, but I did try to revert from ATV 2.3.1 back to 2.3.0 because I was having troubles getting the USB and AFP sharing to activate again. Is it possible I reverted back to an older firmware without knowing?

Also, do you know if USB and AFP enabling work with 2.3.1? Maybe I could just start over and go with the latest update.
ShakeyBobWillis Wrote:I didn't do a restore, but I did try to revert from ATV 2.3.1 back to 2.3.0 because I was having troubles getting the USB and AFP sharing to activate again. Is it possible I reverted back to an older firmware without knowing?

Also, do you know if USB and AFP enabling work with 2.3.1? Maybe I could just start over and go with the latest update.

frontrow setting will tell you, but your log says 8N5519 which is r2.1. r2.1 does not have "play hold" ability.
davilla Wrote:frontrow setting will tell you, but your log says 8N5519 which is r2.1. r2.1 does not have "play hold" ability.

I've been using the 'play hold' for months on that ATV. Now all of a sudden, if a movie or song is playing and I move to other menus or something, pressing and holding the play button no longer takes my back to whatever is 'now playing'. Are we maybe mixed up on the terminology?

I also can't hold down the menu button and bring up the items list that allows me to select things like 'add album to library' etc. I noticed this when i was going through my music library trying to correct the album info on some albums. Normally you can hold down the menu button to bring up the library menu to tell it to scrape the individual album, etc.

All this stuff worked previously for months.
ShakeyBobWillis Wrote:I've been using the 'play hold' for months on that ATV. Now all of a sudden, if a movie or song is playing and I move to other menus or something, pressing and holding the play button no longer takes my back to whatever is 'now playing'. Are we maybe mixed up on the terminology?

I also can't hold down the menu button and bring up the items list that allows me to select things like 'add album to library' etc. I noticed this when i was going through my music library trying to correct the album info on some albums. Normally you can hold down the menu button to bring up the library menu to tell it to scrape the individual album, etc.

All this stuff worked previously for months.

I don't think you are paying attention. According to the log that you posted, you are running r2.1. "play hold" is not supported under AppleTV OS r2.1. Never has, never will.

How you got to AppleTV OS r2.1, I have no clue since I was not by your side when you did whatever you did and you don't seem to want to provide any information.

You also said "I did try to revert from ATV 2.3.1 back to 2.3.0" but gave no information on how you tried to do this. You could have a) factory restored if your atv came with r2.3.0, b) used osupdate to manually revert to an appletv 2.3.0 update, or c) used some unknown hack.

If you want the "play hold" function, then you must update to r2.2 or above.

Now rather than argue with me about how it worked in the past, how about providing some real information about what you did and then we can take it from there to get back to the "play hold" behavior you want.
Thanks. I'll figure it out.
For what it's worth the only changes I had made between 'play hold' working and not working was to update the Launcher to 3.0 and to update Boxee. Which was why I was confused as to why it was reporting v2.1 on the Apple TV. I had downgraded from Apple TV 2.3.1 to 2.3.0 and had been using XBMC fine for about a week. Then I updated Launcher and Boxee and lost the remote functions. After you pointing out that it was saying I was in v2.1 I went back and looked again but it was reporting v2.3.

I chalked it all up to some weird glitch and started over from scratch. Problem solved.
ShakeyBobWillis Wrote:For what it's worth the only changes I had made between 'play hold' working and not working was to update the Launcher to 3.0 and to update Boxee. Which was why I was confused as to why it was reporting v2.1 on the Apple TV. I had downgraded from Apple TV 2.3.1 to 2.3.0 and had been using XBMC fine for about a week. Then I updated Launcher and Boxee and lost the remote functions. After you pointing out that it was saying I was in v2.1 I went back and looked again but it was reporting v2.3.

I chalked it all up to some weird glitch and started over from scratch. Problem solved.

Hey ShakeBobWillis. I have the same problem as you and its is driving me crazy and can not solve it. Also I didnt understand how you solve it. Can you be more specific so I can try your method. I am almost sure it all changed when I upgrade from boxee 9.04 to the latest. Maybe doing a downgrade I can go back to what I am looking, but it is too hi tech knowledge for me. I will appreciate if you can help me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost some Apple TV remote functions after updating to Launcher 3.00