While creating extra lite textures founded a bug.
(Was wrong isn't a bug.)
Was looking of I could make extra lite textures and did it.Nod

First of all did delete the background png's (not the low res.)in textures.xpr
And second did resize all thumbs in textures.xpr from 256 to 192.
XBMC on the xbox does already saves the thumbs in 192x192 to the userdata, so why not the thumbs from the skin in the same size.

Do try out the textures mod. I personally don't have isseus with MS and do run v1.0-lite not a mod. But there are people that have memory problems.
Replace this texture.xpr with the original.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H175Y15C Edit: Sorry this texture is no good!
This one is ok http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OQHC8MIW

Please let me know if it did work for you.Big Grin

Btw:
There where a lot of build problems lately. But I can say that build rev19438 runs very, very smoothly and also did test with this rev.
Thanks man. I'm going to try this when I get home.

For anyone still having memory issues, don't forget to change the font to one of the alts.
I tried out a few different configurations to see what my memory usage looked like. Here's a summary:

-XBox 1.6 w/softmod
-T3CH XBMC 2009-04-04 SVN rev19213-9.04-ALPHA1
-Debug level '3' in advancedsettings.xml
-Latest MediaStream skin build (installed with xbmcsm)

For each test, I simply navigated to Movies, and made sure the same movie was selected each time (since the different thumbs probably have an impact). From there, I copied down the memory usage displayed.

1) all settings default: 18424
2) Arial font: 20596
3) lite theme: 23308
4) lite theme + Arial font: 25440
5) lite theme + Arial font + Waffa's textures.xpr: 26164

So... Waffa's textures.xpr helps a little, as does switching from the default font (thanks 2-7offsuit). However, 26MB is still not enough memory to play a movie via SMB. The general consensus appears to be that 32-33MB is much more likely to work.
I only need 12-13 MB to start video files from smb:
15MB-16MB for me is good.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
QuizzicalDog Wrote:I tried out a few different configurations to see what my memory usage looked like. Here's a summary:

-XBox 1.6 w/softmod
-T3CH XBMC 2009-04-04 SVN rev19213-9.04-ALPHA1
-Debug level '3' in advancedsettings.xml
-Latest MediaStream skin build (installed with xbmcsm)

For each test, I simply navigated to Movies, and made sure the same movie was selected each time (since the different thumbs probably have an impact). From there, I copied down the memory usage displayed.

1) all settings default: 18424
2) Arial font: 20596
3) lite theme: 23308
4) lite theme + Arial font: 25440
5) lite theme + Arial font + Waffa's textures.xpr: 26164

So... Waffa's textures.xpr helps a little, as does switching from the default font (thanks 2-7offsuit). However, 26MB is still not enough memory to play a movie via SMB. The general consensus appears to be that 32-33MB is much more likely to work.
Not sure if this will help or not but i have found that when i am using my stark lite i can easily get videos to play using the default M Player going as low as 17mb but at that memory level the dvd player fails to play them over my network and from what i remember i had no problems with mediastream as long as i had around 20mb..
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Wow thanks guys, didn't know about the default font was so heavy.
Did set Alt Massive, gives me most free memory.(And of course extra-lite tex.)
MediaStream is running so freeking smooth nowNod

Using Rev19438 and also this build is for me super !!
Just to say thanks for making this skin. I was using SMB for videos and they wouldn't play. This has fixed it Smile
Only 12-15MB free is working for others? Wow. Any chance that you're running in 720p?
Jip, Running MS in 720p. Also fanart 720p.
Free memory is now 20MB in movies.
well, i just tested your texture and on build 19521 yours runs 2MB w/ less free mem than MS Lite texture.
I'm getting 15MB, with yours, and 17MB in home screen after some scrolling and 18MB vs. 20MB in media preview.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
How can you see that ?

Even with the extra-lite textures you have to run Mediastream lite.

And the extra lite textures are exatly thesame as normal , only toke out the img. that where used by default and resized the thumbs from 256 to 192.
Sry, maybe my previous post was't very clear on which skin i'm using...

I'm using MediaStream v1.00 - Xbox friendly Mod.

That clear things.
The exta-lite textures are made for MS v1.0- standard.

You should try it. I've got more free memory in my setup then you've in the mod. Version.
Followed your advice and MS standard + extra-lite textures is freaking smooth, even in media preview...
Only "problem" is that as i cycle thru home screen free ram drops to 4MB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
While creating extra lite textures founded a bug.0