VDPAU with deinterlacing - problem
Hi,

I've almost got XBMC working for my needs (watching a DVD collection) and I'd like to use VDPAU for that. Most of the time it works fine although with some DVDs, I'm getting bad interlacing. When switching between VDPAU (temporal) deinterlace <-> none, the image looks exactly the same, i.e. no deinterlacing is being done. If I switch to plain 'deinterlace', it does work although image quality is nowhere near as good as with VDPAU.

Another problem I've got is, with Nnvidia TwinView & fullscreen, xbmc centers itself somewhere between my two monitors instead of fullscreen on either screen, any advice on how to fix that? Smile

Thanks!

My specs are as follows:
Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 64-bit
XBMC from svn-ppa: rev. 19419
Geforce 9800GTX+
Nvidia 185.19
Not sure what to do about that but you should check out this post here:

Sticky: HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner

There might be issues with TwinView and such. Get everything working on one screen and then move to two. Baby steps.
If you're using TwinView you're on your own i'm afraid - i've not got the time or resources to test it, you're obviously welcome to provide patches or whatnot if you manage to resolve it. Additionally, DVD playback (actually *any* mpeg2 content thats < 720 lines) will currently playback using software decoding. This is because of the way XBMC renders DVD overlays being incompatible with the way VDPAU works. This means that setting a VDPAU deinterlacer isn't gonna do much in this case.
Thanks for the information. I guess I'll do some more investigation and perhaps tinker with the code. I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU with deinterlacing - problem0