apple remote play/pause button
Hi everybody,
I'm sugesting an new button assignment for the fullscreenmode as I'm using the play/pause feature quite often (new coffee! Wink ).
At the moment, the play/pause button starts the OSD. In my preferred skin, which is mediastream, I need several clicks to pause a movie: play button => OSD, then several left clicks till focus reaches the pause button, then again play button on the remote to activate the pause.

What about the following construct:
play/pause button => play/pause event
hold play/pause button => OSD

Any comments?
Florian
You can do that just by reconfiguring your Keymap.xml

But with your suggestion you wont be able to do other things. Right now hold-play brings back the fullscreen (i.e. while playing a video, press menu, browse the menues, how to go back to the movie?)

Basically the problem is that the remote does not have enough buttons.
Krieg Wrote:You can do that just by reconfiguring your Keymap.xml

But with your suggestion you wont be able to do other things. Right now hold-play brings back the fullscreen (i.e. while playing a video, press menu, browse the menues, how to go back to the movie?)

I think the suggestion was to remap Play button in "Fullscreen Video". So while not in fullscreen, one would still be able to go back to fullscreen-video with play_hold.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Krieg Wrote:You can do that just by reconfiguring your Keymap.xml

Yeah, that does the trick for me, thanks. Depending on other opinions, it might be a good idea as default setting!?
And yes: I was talking about fullscreenmode, so going back to fullscreen isn't used that often ;-) Thanks MaestroDD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple remote play/pause button0