Paid project work for programmer to implement Home Automation Control in XBMC/Script?
Question 
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to help me with some XBMC work, doing a custom live build, adding an inteface to talk to a controller over IP and also some custom skin work.

It's not a big job, but something i want to sort out but have no time!.

Please message me, happy to pay, im based in the UK but not to fust where you maybe.

I hope this is ok and i've posted in the right place, if not tell me off!Nerd

Thanks
G
If you want a custom skin then you should expect it to be a "big job" Rolleyes

...and you will probably need one skinner and one 'Live Distro' developer,
I doubt that you will find one person who is really good at both skill sets.

So, what are you making? Huh You need to provide more information.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
All jobs end up as big jobs!, that's just the way it is.........

I make embedded controllers, dimmers relays IR outputs ect and i want to add a media server into my system at home.

Would like to add a mix of what's on boxee (hope i can say that!) and also interface to my ip control system, for info on security and house wide settings ect.

What i would like to end up with is a live distro with music/dvd/utube/bbc ip[ayer/weather along with a few pages for house security, garden sensors, cctv and heating.

i then want to run the distro networked, either as media players plugged into tv's or on panel pc's

Don't really mind how many people i need, as long as they all talk, and we all work together and get on!

Am more then happy to pay, and also offer hardware to developers
g
Check out linuxmce before you try to reinvent the wheel....it should do most of the things you want.
vx-gpdw Wrote:What i would like to end up with is a live distro with music/dvd/utube/bbc ip[ayer/weather along with a few pages for house security, garden sensors, cctv and heating.
I believe that Control4 (an Australian company that sells Home Automation Control System) offers something like that for XBMC, see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37903

This is probably simplest to achieved via one or seveal python scripts for the home automation control stuff, as if it would be native code then it would probably be a HUGE and very time consuming job.

For more discussion topics about Home Automation Control checkout these threads:
http://forum.xbmc.org/tags.php?tag=home+...on+control

Please contribute whatever you find out back to the XBMC community Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
vx-gpdw Wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for someone to help me with some XBMC work, doing a custom live build, adding an inteface to talk to a controller over IP and also some custom skin work.

It's not a big job, but something i want to sort out but have no time!.

Please message me, happy to pay, im based in the UK but not to fust where you maybe.

I hope this is ok and i've posted in the right place, if not tell me off!Nerd

Thanks
G

Hi, I have already implemented Home Automation into xbmc , if you are interested you may contact me.
xtermin8r Wrote:Hi, I have already implemented Home Automation into xbmc , if you are interested you may contact me.
Open source? Native or script/plugin? Huh
Gamester17 Wrote:Open source? Native or script/plugin? Huh

Hi Gamester17
I am using this hardware device
http://www.olimex.com/dev/pic-micro-web.html

It has a built in webserver,ftp server,and i have written a python script for xbmc, open source, i will be releasing all the info soon, if anyone is interested.
I'm interested, but I don't understand what that device does other than provide a TCP/IP stack and interface to a Parallel port.

What type of home automation system uses parallel signaling instead of RS-232?

Can you explain what you're doing with this?

Sorry for my ignorance.

-Wes
waldo22 Wrote:I'm interested, but I don't understand what that device does other than provide a TCP/IP stack and interface to a Parallel port.

What type of home automation system uses parallel signaling instead of RS-232?

Can you explain what you're doing with this?

Sorry for my ignorance.

-Wes

Hi Wes , although it looks like a parallel port connector its not for the parallel port, i use rs232 signalling with this device.
Cool,

with what type of Automation system?

We're looking for a way to interface with AMX.

-Wes

PS that link you posted says it's a Parallel adapter. They should update it.
Hi wes,
I built my own system using microcontrollers, and this device is used to control my digital lights (dali),door,heating etc, using rs232 protocol. I feel that it is much better than any other system because i can control things around the house, using a pc, xbox, wii, xbmc, iphone,pocket pc etc.
Im 100% sure it can easily be interfaced with AMX.
Ill post a couple of pics soon so you can see the user interface.
Heres a pic from xbox xbmc

here is a pic of the ui as seen from firefox
Xbmc pc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paid project work for programmer to implement Home Automation Control in XBMC/Script?0